Improve your writing skills here!

is this comedy :woman_standing: maybe a rom com. slice of life… coming of age idk :woman_standing::woman_standing::woman_standing:
lemme just go read the stories I missed today :walking_woman:t4:

interruption

I love everybody because I love you…

She swung her legs back and forth to the beat of her music. Eyes shut, she sat waiting for the train. “Take the A train to Main, get on the 7 and ride until the second stop,” she repeated to herself. It wasn’t the first time she’d taken public transportation, but it was her first day of college. So at the very least it was the first time she’d ever taken this train. She figured that justified her arriving half an hour early.

Her phone buzzed. “Have a good day, Jules! - Love, Mom” Her mom always did that, signing off on her texts– as if Jules didn’t have her mother’s number saved. Maybe she did it to avoid any “New phone, who dis?” scenarios. Jules giggled at the thought, shutting her phone off and turning her attention towards the book on her lap.

Look at you, strawberry blonde…

Her lips curled slightly, hand grazing over her sketchbook. Her most recent drawing, a freckled man with strawberry blonde hair– inspired by her favorite song, of course.

Jules slightly raised, as the weight was displaced on the bench. Somebody had sat next to her. Great, Jules thought, What the hell about me is so welcoming? Her legs crossed, facing away from the stranger, Jules pulled out a pencil and began putting finishing touches on the strawberry blonde man.

When the stranger scooted closer, Jules scooted further away. Whatever happened to personal space? “I’m sorry,” the stranger began, tapping Jules on the shoulder. She sighed, removing an earbud before looking up.

“Holy shit,” Jules’ face flushed red. “You…” Her mouth hung open, eyes wide. Darting between her sketchbook and the stranger’s face, she could barely believe it. Good God, she thought, the universe did not just do this to me.

The stranger continued, “I don’t mean to interrupt you, but I saw your drawing.” Jules’ face was now a deep red, beet red. “It looks a lot like me,” the stranger flashed a charming smile. Jules looked back down at her drawing, and he was right. It was him. Unintentionally, of course. But it was him, all right.

Sighing, Jules shut her sketchbook. “It’s a coincidence,” frowning slightly, “A really weird coincidence.” She paused again, “I don’t even know you.” The stranger threw his head back, laughing before resuming eye contact with Jules.

“I figured as much. I must have one of those faces, huh?” The stranger tilted his head slightly, raising his eyebrows. Jules nodded, shoving her sketchbook in her bag. “So, uh, how about a name to the face? I’m Reid,” he looked at her expectantly. Taking a breath, Jules met his gaze again. This is awkward, she thought, God, where’s the stupid train?

”The train is now arriving”

Jules’ head shot up, “This is my train.”
Reid watched her as she gathered her things, “The A?”
Jules nodded in response. “Nice meeting you.”
“Hey, hey, hey!” He stood with her, “This is my train too.”
Jules sighed, “What a coincidence.”
Laughing, Reid walked up to the yellow line, “I swear it’s a coincidence.”

Jules paused. Her face finally cooled off. This is a bad idea, isn’t it? She watched Reid’s back, his hands in his pockets, headphones hanging around his neck. He didn’t look back.

“Jules,” she said, stepping besides him.
“Nice to meet you, Jules.”

7 Likes