Improve your writing skills here!

see cuz I can write funny dialogue in my story but when I actually think abt being funny :woman_standing: the humor leaves my body

3 Likes

thank u :pleading_face:

and thank u :relieved:

2 Likes

i forgot that i’m the threat owner for a second and need to update the main post :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

i suck at this

Hey guys, school day just ended for me! What did I miss?

1 Like

a lot!!! Pls go read the stories using the link in the main post :smiling_imp:

1 Like

OKOKOKOKOK SO I KINDA RUSHED THROUGH THIS BC I GOTTA GO TO MY DADSSSSDERfty5h746t also I have no idea if I got the writing prompt right but at least I wasn’t lazy-

Questionable

Dead. They are dead. Dead means they are no longer alive. When I go to my boyfriends funeral it means he is supposed to be dead in his casket 6 fucking feet under…so can someone tell me why he’s in my house sitting on the couch at 3am in the morning?? HE’S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD. I’ve already shed my tears and grieved for him…Do I have to do it all over? I slowly walk from the kitchen to the couch. “Caleb?” I call out. He turns around with a smile on his face. “Addy!” he says calmly still with a smile on his face. “I- how- why- why are you here?” I stamper. “I cam back for you. You always said we’d be together forever. I couldn’t leave this earth without you. Come with me. Don’t break your promise.” He says…still while smiling. I’m at the couch now standing across from him. Tears start to sting my eyes. What is he talking about. My supposed to be dead boyfriend is sitting on my couch with pale-greenish skin and ripped clothes…his hair all gone. “Addy.” He gets up. I back up a step. “Come with me Addy…I’m not leaving without you, baby.” The same smile is on his face…but it’s starting to scare me now. “I’m not going anywhere…you’re supposed to be dead. I WATCHED AS THEY BURIED YOU!” I cry. “tsk tsk tsk…I am dead, baby…but I came back to take you with me. To die with me.” “What are you talking about?” The tears start falling faster and I can barely get the words out my mouth. “You’re dying tonight, baby.” He stands up while I collapse on the ground. I’m nauseous. He’s hovering me now. He stand over me…knife in hand. Where did he get a knife from? I frantically think. I’m now sobbing. I’m weak. I’m being weak. But it’s not everyday your dead boyfriend comes to kill you. He strokes my hair. “Shh, baby, shh…everything’s all right…we’ll finally be together again.” “YOU"RE CRAZY” I scream while crying. “YOU"RE DEAD THERE’S NOWHERE TO GO!” “That’s where you are wrong, baby. Down. There’s down to go. Hell. We are going to burn together in hell.” “H-hell” I stutter. “Yes hell.” He stops stroking my hair. “I’m not going with you. I don’t want to go with you.” “That was the wrong answer.” He takes the knife and slits my throat. Suddenly bloods everywhere and I’m gasping for air. I hold my throat hoping it would stop some blood. Nope. Everything goes black and when I wake up…I’m in pain. I’m burning in hell right next to my boyfriend. He smiles at me.

6 Likes

@Abinaya I’ve got a story idea to write!!! :grinning: I’ve been wanting to write it since yesterday last night but I had to sleep!

2 Likes

Holy sh*t! That’s quite a twist, I really love this!

2 Likes

fortunately :relieved:
but omg I love the tone you use in this

2 Likes

ayoo you’re gonna write it right :crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Yeah

1 Like

the facial expressions i’ve made while reading this–

i think i’m the one who’s dead now

1 Like

OOP! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Finally finished my “long” one! Basically it’s just longer than my 3 paragraph long ones I’ve written so far.

Plane Crash

His head ached as he unbuckled his seatbelt in a panic. He carefully crawled his way down the aisle of the plane, careful not to step on the items skewed across the ground. Once he made it to the hole torn in the hull, he jumped out and onto the ground. Shock shot up in his knees as it had been higher than he had expected. Looking around, he saw very few survivors. In all honesty, he was surprised he was alive himself.

Travelling alone, he didn’t necessarily lose much. Sure, his belongings were stuck in the plane for the most part, but nobody he cared about was hurt. Now came the difficult part: finding his way home. Approaching the group of survivors, he began speaking. “I’m doctor David Michaels.” He introduced himself. “Is anyone hurt?” He looked over everyone and they seemed to be, besides a woman holing her nose with blood dripping out of it.

“Yes, my wife broke her nose,” A distressed man said as he looked at him.

David fished around in his pocket for napkins he had put in there recently. He took them out and handed them to her to help with the bleeding. He checked her up a bit before concluding that she did, in fact, break her nose. Hearing a rustling in the bushes, the group looked over to the source of the noise. Trotting out of the bushes came a rabbit.

But it wasn’t just any normal rabbit. It had antlers attached to its head, sprouting out with a ring around one of the branches. David froze as he looked at the creature, unsure of what to think. “Does that…” A woman began before trailing off. She knelt down and held her hand out to the creature, making noises as if she was calling a cat.

The creature turned around and ran back into the bushes much to the dismay of the woman. She stood and looked back to the others. The group was astonished and was silent for a few moments. Suddenly a being emerged from the bushes.

She was a woman with toffee coloured skin and long dreads with beads and strings of silver chain. Everything about her seemed normal except for one thing—her long, pointed ears. She approached the group and stared at them before speaking.

“Sen are var? Sharti kar var alet lythari?”

The group looked at her dumbfounded. She repeated her question again, this time louder. “I don’t understand what you’re saying,” The husband said with a stutter. The woman narrowed her eyes and took a step closer.

“Who are you? Where do you come from?”

David stood tall and spoke first. “I am Dr. David Michaels. I am from Seattle.” He said with a firm nod. The woman who had tried to lure the rabbit creature closer spoke after him.

“I’m Aline Figaro.” She said, taking a small step forward. “I’m from Venice.” The wife then spoke.

“I’m Marie Adkins, and I’m from Portland.” She said, her speech somewhat impaired by the napkins she held over her nose. Her husband then spoke up.

“And I’m Digby Adkins, also from Portland.” He said, his voice wavering. The woman looked the group over for a few minutes before speaking again.

“I am Venrora Faemys.” She began, before raising her arm and pointing to the plane. “What is that?” David looked to the plane before looking back to Venrora.

“A…Plane? Have you not seen one before?” He asked, his brow furrowed slightly as he spoke. Venrora narrowed her eyes at the plane before shaking her head. He looked to the others as he was confused, and looked back to her. “Where are we? Do you know how we could get home?”

“You are in the forest.” Venrora said sternly. “Why are you in the forest?”

“Our plane crashed,” Aline said. “The pilots lost control I suppose, and we went down. We’re the only survivors. Could you please help us get home?” She pleaded.

“Come. Follow me.” Venrora said after a moment of consideration. The group followed her as she walked through the forest, carefully navigating between the trees and bushes. It took them a while before they made it to a town. The only thing is the town looked like it was from the middle ages. There was horses in a stable, a blacksmithing shop across from them and other places that looked like it was built by hand with no mechanical tools. The roads were made of dirt and the clothing highly contrasted what the group was wearing. It looked almost like they had just walked into a Renaissance fair.

“What is this place?” Digby asked Venrora, looking worried.

“Iyesgarth. It’s my home town. Mostly elves live here, but your kind is welcome too.” David laughed in response.

“Elves? What, is this some LARP town?” He joked, it still a question.

“I do not know what LARP is. But you may find your way home here. I suggest you be more respectful, not everyone is as nice as me.”

The group looked uneasy as Venrora spoke, unsure of what was going on. Either this town was really into the whole living like the medieval times, or they were really somewhere strange.

This has to be a joke, David thought. Elves aren’t real and this is just some weird town with weird people…Right?

4 Likes

Now I gotta think of what prompt would my story fit into too!

1 Like

i’m gonna be smart today and avoid being unable to edit my posts

1 Like

Does someone who has powers fit into the not-so-normal?

1 Like

no not really, i’ll search one for one hold on

1 Like

remember me and 2 am thoughts or liar. It’s not really specific so i think it’s perfect to choose from :))

1 Like

I think I can make it work out with the Liar prompt!

1 Like