Improve your writing skills here!

Alright guys, here it is! I wrote this in one day! That’s suprising!

Liar: Writing Prompt

Jax and the Shadow

Every blue moon, the Shadow comes out to play. And when it does… it always means trouble. The Shadow is an evil entity that can turn into black smoke and can take over any living being. Men, women, teens, kids, even animals! Who can stop the Shadow from concurring the world? That’s Jaxon and his friends! Jax’s friends watch out for the blue moon now, ever since the Shadow put a spell on Jax’s eyes. That spell made it so that when the blue moon happens, Jax cannot see it! It just looks like the normal white glowing moon!

Jax, who is 17 years old, was planning to go to a therapy session today. It was Saturday on the weekend and he hoped that there wouldn’t be a blue moon that night. He wanted to relax. Since he would be a little busy, he texted his friends, Emily, Jason, Emma, and William in a group chat saying to be on the lookout for the blue moon.

The text said, “Hey, guys! I’m going to be at a therapy session later on tonight! I want you guys to please be able to be on the lookout for the blue moon. I don’t want the Shadow to cause any trouble. Please try not to fall asleep! And make sure your windows are closed! It can sneak in through small spaces.”

“Sure, I’m on it!” Emma replied to the message.

“Yeah, you got it!” Jason replied.

“Totally, I’ll keep an eye out!” Emily replied.

“Sure, you got it, bro!” William replied.

“Great, thanks guys!” Jaxon replied to everyone.

If only Jaxon’s friends hadn’t lied about their windows being closed. Because that night, the Shadow used two new spells. A Splitting Spell and a Sleeping Spell. The Splitting Spell gave the Shadow the ability to split apart into different Shadow clouds so it could take over different things at once. The Sleeping Spell can… well, it’s obvious. It puts the Shadow’s victims to sleep for a while. When Jaxon’s friends weren’t paying attention, the Shadow snuck into Jax’s friends’ rooms through their windows and put the Sleeping Spell on them. Now they couldn’t let Jax know if the blue moon was out or not. And too bad for Jax because… it was!

“Tick, Tok! Tick, Tok! Tick, Tok!” The sound of the clock on the wall. It was 7:00PM at night. Jaxon was laying in a therapy chair. Mr. Thomas, Jax’s therapist for the day, was sitting in a chair with a notepad.

“Tick, Tok! Tick, Tok! Tick, Tok!” The clock continued. Suddenly, Mr. Thomas pulled out his phone and tapped the screen. After he did that, the sound of the clock stopped.

“Mr. Thomas, why did the clock stop?” Jaxon asked.

“Oh,” Said Mr. Thomas. “the clock isn’t that loud! I just play the sound on my phone for dramatic effect! Anyway, what do you want to talk about?”

“Well,” Jaxon started. “I sort of have this problem with… something!” Jax was struggling to explain. He wanted to talk about the Shadow with Mr. Thomas but didn’t want to seem crazy.

“You have a problem with what?” Mr. Thomas asked.

“Well, there’s this thing called the Shadow.” Jaxon said.

“The Shadow?” Mr. Thomas questioned as he wrote in his notebook.

“Yeah,” Jaxon continued while sitting up. “it’s this entity of black smoke able to take over any living being. For example, a dog, a person, you know? Things that are alive!”

Mr. Thomas thought for a bit.

“Why don’t you lay back down for a bit and continue!” He said.

“Why? Do you think I’m INSANE?” Jaxon asked, a little annoyed.

“No, I don’t!” Mr. Thomas quickly said. “I just think you should stay relaxed!”

“Oh, alright then!” Jaxon said as he lay back down.

Jaxon continued to talk about how he and his friends work together to defeat the Shadow and how it only comes out during a blue moon.

“Wow, that’s funny!” Mr. Thomas said. “The News said there was a blue moon out tonight!”

Jax’s heart suddenly dropped. “WHAT!” He said while sitting up and turning to face Mr. Thomas.

“Woah, what’s the matter?!” Mr. Thomas replied.

“Did you just say there’s a blue moon out tonight?!” Jaxon said, starting to get worried.

“Yeah, and it’s beautiful tonight!” Mr. Thomas replied.

“Oh no! My friends!” Jaxon said as he quickly reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. He went to the group chat to contact his friends.

“Guys, I just realized there’s a BLUE MOON tonight!” He texted. “The Shadow is about to come!”

There was no reply.

“Darn it, where are they!” Jaxon yelled out.

“Jaxon, are you sure you’re okay?” Mr. Thomas asked.

“Yeah, it’s just that-” Before he could finish his sentence, text bubble dots appeared on his phone. Jaxon’s phone vibrated. It was a text from an unknown number.

“It has already come, Jaxon!” Said the text. “The end… is near!”

Jaxon was so shocked. He placed his phone down on the counter.

“I need to lie down!” He said as he went back to the therapy chair.

“I think so too!” Said Mr. Thomas.

As soon as Jax sat down on the chair, it happened. From underneath the door where the tiny crack was, black smoke came through it. When Jaxon saw this, he sat up and backed away.

“Is… is there a fire?” Jaxon asked. He was scared.

“No, I don’t smell any smoke!” Said Mr. Thomas.

“Then… that must be.” Jaxon backed away even further until his back was against the wall.

The black smoke came fully out from under the door and just suspended there in the air.

“THE SHADOW!” Jaxon yelled.

He was right. It was indeed the Shadow. The Shadow flew itself to Jaxon’s chest.

“NOOO!” Jaxon screamed as the Shadow went inside of him.

“Oh my gosh!” Yelled Mr. Thomas.

Jaxon, with his eyes now closed, slowly walked over to the therapy chair and sat down.
“Jaxon,” Said Mr. Thomas, now concerned and scared. “are you okay?”

Jaxon slowly opened his eyes. His eyes were now fully black as if he was possessed.

“I’m sorry,” said Jaxon. However, it didn’t sound like Jaxon. It was the Shadow’s voice. His voice was a mixture of Jaxon’s voice and a demonic evil distorted male voice. “Jaxon can’t come to the phone right now.”

“Wh… what?!!” Said Mr. Thomas while standing up and starting to back away.

“Please try to call again later.” The Shadow said. “Right after your DEATH!” The Shadow then shoved his palm at where Mr. Thomas was standing. A dark cloud of smoke started going towards him.

“No… no… NOOO!” He screamed as the smoke went inside of him. He then fell to his knees and finally fell to the floor.

The Shadow laughed. “Time to make this place DARK!” He said as he laughed once more.

Oh, if only Jaxon’s friends wouldn’t have lied about their windows being closed.

To Be Continued???

Tags

@Abinaya @tyratuna @MeganLove @HermanEpisode @Courtana @Someone2

7 Likes