Improve your writing skills here!

i stayed up until 3 am and I just woke up so I am not feeling very eloquent :woman_standing: but hey I think i’m getting more comfortable w comedy

christmas dinner

Jingle bells, jingles bells-

Holly thwacks her phone, jerking upwards.

“Who the hell…” she snatched her phone up from it’s place next to her, face contorting in anger. It was her brother, Noel. Answering the call, Holly’s eye were heavy.

“I hate you. I genuinely hate you.” Holly’s voice cracked, what a great way to start her morning.

Noel laughed, his voice piercing Holly’s ears even through the phone. “What, you don’t like your new ringtone?” smiling through the phone, almost.

“Ha ha, you’re so funny. Sooo funny.” Hanging up, Holly rubbed her eyes. Blurry vision finally starting to focus. Unfortunately. Holly was the youngest of 3 sibling– Noel, Merry, and Holly. The Wilson’s loved Christmas. So much, they named all their children on theme. So much, they always put their decoration up early and take them down late. So much, they hold a yearly Christmas party. The list goes on. The Wilsons love Christmas.

The Wilsons, minus Holly, that is.

Holly’s room was her safe haven. Deep maroon curtains, dark aqua green rug, black bedspread (with grey as an accent color). Don’t get me started on her closet. Every year, her parents buy her a bright red Christmas onesie, and every year Holly burns it. More or less.

Slipping on her midnight blue robe, Holly grabbed sunglasses– prepping for the day to come. It was Christmas. Holly, jolly, Christmas. Yippee.

“Holly! Sweetheart, again?” Holly’s mother, Carol, said as she ran around the living room, putting the final touches on the stockings. Carol was a short, plump woman, who always had bright and colorfully dyed hair. She always dyed it some sort of red around November. That’s what Holly’s sunglasses were for.

“What, mom?” Holly slid down the stairs, landing on the couch promptly at 6:30 pm, as she did every year.
“Well, sweetheart. I thought we talked about getting up earlier. Maybe not waking up just before dinner.” Carol moved around still, debating which snow globe placement was best.

Holly rolled her eyes as she recalled the previous night. She stood by it– when her mother stopped inviting her ex to holidays, she’d stop waking up in the evening.

Turning over, Holly laid on the couch. She wasn’t really tired, but it really pissed off her mom when she slept on the couch. Especially at 6:30 pm.

The doorbell rang. Great.

“Oh, Holly! Get up, your boyfriend is here!” Carol ran around, still, sprinkling the last bitt of tinsel on the tree.
“He’s not by boyfriend.” Holly’s voice was muffled as she pressed her face further into the pillow.
“I’ll get it!” Holly’s dad, Joseph called out, rushing towards the door.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, I hate this family.

“Rudolph!” Joseph and Carol said in tandem, welcoming Holly’s red nosed ex into the living room/

Holly pulled a pillow over her head. You can’t make this stuff up…

5 Likes