Improve your writing skills here!

ok I’m back lol :see_no_evil: watch me write smthn for the other prompts too :woman_standing:

confused

You jolt up. Brow dripping with sweat, alarm blaring in your ear. With your eyes still closed, you feel around until you grasp your phone. 7:00 am, right on time. Slowly dragging yourself out of bed, you begrudgingly make your way to the bathroom. The lights were cool, bright, a stark difference compared to your bedroom. With your dark purple walls and your dark purple sheets and your dark purple curtains– your eyes made the same painful adjustment every morning. You picked up your dark purple glasses and fumbled them onto your face. As your vision focused, your eyes found the mirror you had been inching towards. All color drained from your face as you processed what lied before you. It was you. It was your face, you were almost entirely sure it was your face. But it wasn’t you. Cautiously, you raised your hand to your light purple hair.
Then you jolt up, back in bed. Eyes open, body covered in sweat, your alarm going off louder than ever. Your phone, exactly where it should’ve been, your dark purple room was in perfect place. Jumping out of bed, you ran into your bathroom. Lunging for your glasses and meeting your own eyes in the mirror. A breathe of the relief. Now this looks like me, you think to yourself. You bring a hand to your messy, dark purple hair and smile softly to yourself. It was only a dream. Resuming your daily routine as it should’ve been– after all, you woke up exactly on time (for once), it would be a shame to waste that. Eventually you make your way downstairs. You grab your keys off the kitchen table and begin your walk to your car. One foot out the door, someone holds you back. “What, you’re leaving without saying goodbye?” You live alone.
And then– you jolt up. Heart pounding, palms sweaty, alarm blaring.

5 Likes