Improve your writing skills here!

YOU CAN’T HIT ME WITH AN OPEN ENDING AAHHHH

Girl this looks like so much fun to write! I can tell you enjoyed it omg that makes me so happy :pleading_face:

Thank you for writing your second story on this thread!!

2 Likes

Too bad you’ll never know what happens :pensive: :rofl:

All your prompts are so inspiring :eyes:
I might end up writing more even though I’m procrastinating on writing– :joy:

3 Likes

I wish I could skip next week. Amber thought as she climbed into the now too familiar bed. I wish I didn’t have to live with the pain that I cause everyday by living. She thought as her beautiful hazel green eyes closed.

She woke, warm. Where am I? She thought as she opened her eyes. She knew her world in 2585 was apocalyptic, by this was another world. She chuckled softly. “Maybe this is another world entirely.” She whispered. Her bed, now looking totally out of place now, with it’s green sheet and mattress to match her old tyranistic(no idea how to spell) time. Her brown shoulder length hair now looking out of place as she stood in a bright white room filled with 3 windows, 1 to her left, that also had an exit door next to it. Another window to front, facing the city below, and the final window to her right. This window overlooked the sacred, Malia Moren. “The rover below is called ‘The Malia Moren’ which is a sacred river.” The card next to her bed read.

But that was the last thing she saw before her dad turned off her lights.

“I’m sorry but you don’t need to see anymore. A kid needs these eyes more than you.”

6 Likes

ok I’m back lol :see_no_evil: watch me write smthn for the other prompts too :woman_standing:

confused

You jolt up. Brow dripping with sweat, alarm blaring in your ear. With your eyes still closed, you feel around until you grasp your phone. 7:00 am, right on time. Slowly dragging yourself out of bed, you begrudgingly make your way to the bathroom. The lights were cool, bright, a stark difference compared to your bedroom. With your dark purple walls and your dark purple sheets and your dark purple curtains– your eyes made the same painful adjustment every morning. You picked up your dark purple glasses and fumbled them onto your face. As your vision focused, your eyes found the mirror you had been inching towards. All color drained from your face as you processed what lied before you. It was you. It was your face, you were almost entirely sure it was your face. But it wasn’t you. Cautiously, you raised your hand to your light purple hair.
Then you jolt up, back in bed. Eyes open, body covered in sweat, your alarm going off louder than ever. Your phone, exactly where it should’ve been, your dark purple room was in perfect place. Jumping out of bed, you ran into your bathroom. Lunging for your glasses and meeting your own eyes in the mirror. A breathe of the relief. Now this looks like me, you think to yourself. You bring a hand to your messy, dark purple hair and smile softly to yourself. It was only a dream. Resuming your daily routine as it should’ve been– after all, you woke up exactly on time (for once), it would be a shame to waste that. Eventually you make your way downstairs. You grab your keys off the kitchen table and begin your walk to your car. One foot out the door, someone holds you back. “What, you’re leaving without saying goodbye?” You live alone.
And then– you jolt up. Heart pounding, palms sweaty, alarm blaring.

5 Likes

@Abinaya @Someone2 It’s done! I’m just checking grammar, and revising now!

3 Likes

Hi.

I want to improve my writing so I’m giving the “100 Years” prompt a shot.

100 Years

“I wish I could skip into next week,” the girl sighed.

Perhaps her family had been damned with a spell of extreme unluckiness in the past. Probably by some pissed off witch that a great-great-great relative managed to cheat on. Her family always did have a way of continuously messing up relationships and involving themselves in sordid affairs. She wouldn’t exactly be surprised if some saggy old witch really did curse her family.

But Emily was different. She’s good.

Not just some goody-two-shoes who sucked up to the professor for some extra credit, but truly, honestly good. Emily herself wouldn’t be shocked if God presented her with an award stating her earthly goodness and humbleness when she died. She honestly was the most humble person she knew and who could possibly argue with that?

Unfortunately, Emily’s day progressed from okay to not okay to terribly not okay and quickly hurdled all the way into a hellish nightmare. It was the first day of work at her shiny, new job downtown. She was feeling quite proud of herself as no one in her own family had gotten a shiny, new job downtown or kept any position at all for over 6 months straight. She’d planned on slowly climbing the corporate ladder until she clawed her way to the top.

That was before she realized that her boss was her ex.

That she cheated on.

With

his

best

friend.

It was an awkward reunion, but Emily being as gracious and kind as she was, allowed him to stay within her presence. Although, he was acting a bit pissy, which put Emily in a rotten mood. Other than the fact that her ex-boyfriend was her boss, Emily deemed it to be an excellent first start. Well, until she got into a car accident on the way back to her apartment. Sure, it was a minor car accident, but a car accident all the same. And whether she was speeding definitely wasn’t the cause of the accident. The person in front of her was simply driving too slow. A court case is currently in the making, but Emily wasn’t too keen on attending it. She found the government to be inefficient and worthless and judges to be too judgy.

Emily snuggled deeper into her blanket and stared at her ceiling. She was glad the day was over and honestly just wanted to go to sleep. The next day of work was sure to be interesting.

“Hey, does she look dead to you?”

“Well, with those looks she might as well be.”

“…”

“Get it? Because she looks horrible? Righ–?”

“Shut up.”

Emily suddenly awoke to two people in her room. Or at least, she thought they were people. It’s quite difficult to tell when her eyes were so blurry. And why was it so bright in here? It felt like someone had hurled her against the wall and stomped on her head a thousand times.

Emily continued to blink her eyes and stare at what she assumed to be the ceiling. Her ceiling. But as her eyes cleared up, it seemed as though it wasn’t her apartment ceiling after all.

It was the sky.

The young boy crept closer to Emily and stared at her with a vague mixture of amazement and disgust. “What a waste. She’s not dead.”

The woman clucked her tongue and began to turn away. “We could’ve really used the parts, too. Let’s go, Wilson.”

Emily laid on the ground and stared at the sky until she could no longer hear their footsteps. It was a beautiful shade of rose; it was just too bad that she hated the color pink. It was even worse that she could barely move. And yet, the girl succeeded in sitting up, to find herself in the middle of the street in her pajamas.

Somehow, Emily had managed to wake up in stranger spots.

As the wind grew stronger, trash tumbled across her legs, smacked her in the face, and even got tangled in her hair. Now that she realized it, her hair was much longer than it was when she fell asleep. It was so long that if she stood up, it would be past her knees. The wind suddenly stopped when a piece of worn paper landed squarely on Emily’s lap. There wasn’t much to read.

All it said was 'Date: April 6th, 2120".

It was then that Emily realized something was very wrong.

Will edit later. Probably.

I got tired at the end, lol. Enjoy!

6 Likes

That… was amazing.
I laughed, let’s be real Emily ain’t no saint :joy:

And now I’m intrigued :eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you! I thought making Emily be a complete jerk but her thinking otherwise would be funny. I didn’t really have a plan for this prompt, I just kind of winged it.

3 Likes

It was pretty funny. the whole concept was super unique as well. it would make an interesting comedy story. Do you have any stories published on the episode app?

3 Likes

Thanks! I do have a story on Episode called “Echo Creek”. Don’t read it. It’s a complete disappointment. I’ll be rewriting it later but I’m currently working on another story with a small team of beta testers.

3 Likes

That’s alright. I’ll wait for your current story to get published. :blob_hearts:

3 Likes

Could someone give me some feedback on this? :sweat:
I know it’s bad but…

2 am thoughts

As I slip out of bed I hear my phone ring. The distance between me and the bed stand feels unreal. What’s happening?! As I stumble the 100 miles it feels like, I hear something; “Hey.” Colin Pierce. My heart starts racing. I don’t even know someone named ‘Colin Pierce’ but I know him… Does that even make sense?! “Life doesn’t make sense, Rowan” His voice cracks. This couldn’t be real. Where am I? Why am I here? It’s like this is my world but it’s not. Nothing is the same but it’s the same. “Stop questioning it. This is your reality…It always will be.” Out of nowhere we end up in an empty field. In the distance… I see two children. In simple jean overalls and dirty brown tee-shirts, I’m assuming they were once white. “They don’t seem to notice us” Colin says softly. “Where are we?” I ask. An awkward silence falls between us. He takes a deep breath. “So you don’t remember?”. ‘Remember what?’ I say in my head. Should I know this place? “Nothing? Really?” He croaks, almost in tears. “Take a closer look. The boys-” What boys? As the children seem to be getting closer to us, I notice… “Is that me?” The children stop running to turn to face us. Little Colin runs to Colin’s arms. Colin picks him up and sits him on the fence next to him. Little Me…he doesn’t move. We look into each other’s eyes. All I see is pain,darkness. I walk closer to him not taking my eyes off him. “What’s wrong?” I ask him. “You should know…I’m you after all”. I wake up in a puddle of my own sweat. In tears i question myself, ‘Why was he upset?’

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s bad!

2 Likes

I haven’t written anything in forever so this was fun. not sure where I was going with this but here it is!

2 am prompt

Nights like these are reckless. Nights like these are not for the faint-hearted. They are tainted in the blood of your demons. The silence is eerie and the darkness is consuming. Your heart rate is racing, faster, faster, faster. You’re no longer tossing and turning trying to find comfort in your bed. The place where you lay to find peace, to find comfort, your safe haven. Anywhere, you’d rather be anywhere but there.

You jolt out of bed scrambling in the darkness to find your phone. The very thing you that you spend each waking moment with clutching to it as though it is your lifeline. The very thing you lock away after 11 pm so that you actually close your eyes instead of mindlessly scrolling torturing your fickle soul into the wee hours of the night.

Finally, you look down at the screen to see it’s 2 am. Only 2 am on a Sunday night. You walk towards your wardrobe and pull out the first pair of joggers you find, grab a jacket and put on some shoes. You most likely look like you dressed yourself in the dark but that is exactly what you’ve done.

Slowly you tiptoe down your stairs carefully making sure the old wood doesn’t creak loud enough to wake the others. The softer your step funnily enough the louder the creak. You see the door and you’re out. Out in the fresh air, out in the open. The dimly lit street so quiet, so serene almost suddenly you feel at peace and you know exactly where you need to be.

Running, you’re running as fast as your legs can carry. The cold air grazing your skin. The cooling sensation making you feel more alive than you have in a long time. You stop for a moment to catch your breath, you close your eyes - inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. A few more steps that’s all it will take and you’re finally there. Your home away from home shining under the moonlight.

3 Likes

Omg, Holly! Your writing style is so good, and the details are :scream: :scream: :scream:

this is so sweet ahhhhh
Thank you and go write, i can see it’s your talent

1 Like

That last sentence got me off board :flushed:
Ahh thank you Danielle for sharing your talent!

1 Like

WHY THE CLIFFHANGER WHY WHYY
urg that one better me a dream lmaoo

THANK YOU SO MUCH for writing on this thread and liking the prompts :pleading_face:

1 Like

Okayy hahaha did you have fun writing it?

1 Like

Ahhh I’m hooked!

:skull::skull::skull:

Friendly reminder to edit! :sneezing_face::triumph:

1 Like