Improve your writing skills here!

That… was amazing.
I laughed, let’s be real Emily ain’t no saint :joy:

And now I’m intrigued :eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you! I thought making Emily be a complete jerk but her thinking otherwise would be funny. I didn’t really have a plan for this prompt, I just kind of winged it.

3 Likes

It was pretty funny. the whole concept was super unique as well. it would make an interesting comedy story. Do you have any stories published on the episode app?

3 Likes

Thanks! I do have a story on Episode called “Echo Creek”. Don’t read it. It’s a complete disappointment. I’ll be rewriting it later but I’m currently working on another story with a small team of beta testers.

3 Likes

That’s alright. I’ll wait for your current story to get published. :blob_hearts:

3 Likes

Could someone give me some feedback on this? :sweat:
I know it’s bad but…

2 am thoughts

As I slip out of bed I hear my phone ring. The distance between me and the bed stand feels unreal. What’s happening?! As I stumble the 100 miles it feels like, I hear something; “Hey.” Colin Pierce. My heart starts racing. I don’t even know someone named ‘Colin Pierce’ but I know him… Does that even make sense?! “Life doesn’t make sense, Rowan” His voice cracks. This couldn’t be real. Where am I? Why am I here? It’s like this is my world but it’s not. Nothing is the same but it’s the same. “Stop questioning it. This is your reality…It always will be.” Out of nowhere we end up in an empty field. In the distance… I see two children. In simple jean overalls and dirty brown tee-shirts, I’m assuming they were once white. “They don’t seem to notice us” Colin says softly. “Where are we?” I ask. An awkward silence falls between us. He takes a deep breath. “So you don’t remember?”. ‘Remember what?’ I say in my head. Should I know this place? “Nothing? Really?” He croaks, almost in tears. “Take a closer look. The boys-” What boys? As the children seem to be getting closer to us, I notice… “Is that me?” The children stop running to turn to face us. Little Colin runs to Colin’s arms. Colin picks him up and sits him on the fence next to him. Little Me…he doesn’t move. We look into each other’s eyes. All I see is pain,darkness. I walk closer to him not taking my eyes off him. “What’s wrong?” I ask him. “You should know…I’m you after all”. I wake up in a puddle of my own sweat. In tears i question myself, ‘Why was he upset?’

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s bad!

2 Likes

I haven’t written anything in forever so this was fun. not sure where I was going with this but here it is!

2 am prompt

Nights like these are reckless. Nights like these are not for the faint-hearted. They are tainted in the blood of your demons. The silence is eerie and the darkness is consuming. Your heart rate is racing, faster, faster, faster. You’re no longer tossing and turning trying to find comfort in your bed. The place where you lay to find peace, to find comfort, your safe haven. Anywhere, you’d rather be anywhere but there.

You jolt out of bed scrambling in the darkness to find your phone. The very thing you that you spend each waking moment with clutching to it as though it is your lifeline. The very thing you lock away after 11 pm so that you actually close your eyes instead of mindlessly scrolling torturing your fickle soul into the wee hours of the night.

Finally, you look down at the screen to see it’s 2 am. Only 2 am on a Sunday night. You walk towards your wardrobe and pull out the first pair of joggers you find, grab a jacket and put on some shoes. You most likely look like you dressed yourself in the dark but that is exactly what you’ve done.

Slowly you tiptoe down your stairs carefully making sure the old wood doesn’t creak loud enough to wake the others. The softer your step funnily enough the louder the creak. You see the door and you’re out. Out in the fresh air, out in the open. The dimly lit street so quiet, so serene almost suddenly you feel at peace and you know exactly where you need to be.

Running, you’re running as fast as your legs can carry. The cold air grazing your skin. The cooling sensation making you feel more alive than you have in a long time. You stop for a moment to catch your breath, you close your eyes - inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. A few more steps that’s all it will take and you’re finally there. Your home away from home shining under the moonlight.

3 Likes

Omg, Holly! Your writing style is so good, and the details are :scream: :scream: :scream:

this is so sweet ahhhhh
Thank you and go write, i can see it’s your talent

1 Like

That last sentence got me off board :flushed:
Ahh thank you Danielle for sharing your talent!

1 Like

WHY THE CLIFFHANGER WHY WHYY
urg that one better me a dream lmaoo

THANK YOU SO MUCH for writing on this thread and liking the prompts :pleading_face:

1 Like

Okayy hahaha did you have fun writing it?

1 Like

Ahhh I’m hooked!

:skull::skull::skull:

Friendly reminder to edit! :sneezing_face::triumph:

1 Like

This is so good :crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face:
Aaaaahhhh I’m freaking hooked I want moree :sob::sob::sob:

You made my jaw drop

This got me quiet. It was so engaging. I was so engaged :pleading_face:
Could you please write more I’m addicted

1 Like

I don’t really understand the question but it’s also the wrong thread to ask this ‘:/’

Here’s my little 500 word story ! I’m sorry its long, few words less than 500 :sneezing_face:

Can you see me?

3 Likes

omg thank you aha I will!! :sparkling_heart: Honestly I forgot how much fun it was to write I will definitely be giving other prompts ago too!

2 Likes

Girlll I love it so much :pleading_face: :sneezing_face:
Beautifully written! :two_hearts:

2 Likes