Improve your writing skills here!

shahahha I’m glad :new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

Ok :see_no_evil:

2am thoughts

Shadows. They were everywhere. I couldn’t sleep, even if I wanted to. My eyes were begging to be closed, but I couldn’t.
Staring out the window, all I could see was him. He was just there, staring at me, daring me to close my eyes. And as I eyed the bruises littering my arm, I knew it was time. Slowly, I got up, ignoring the pain in my back. I felt bile threatening to climb out of my throat, but I ignored that as well. It would be over. Soon. Grabbing the knife on my table, I felt my body shaking. I closed my eyes, only to open them again. He was still here, and while he’s here, I’m not safe. I slowly open the door, the darkness hitting me instantly. I walked on shaking legs, until I got to the room. As I opened it, I saw the face of my brother, sleeping peacefully. With tears streaming down my face, I moved closer. “Angel?” Oh, how innocent he was. “What are you doing?”
“Nothing. Go back to sleep.”
“Ok, good night.”
And as I plunged the knife into his heart, I whispered, “Good night, I love you.”

14 Likes

Oh my freaking- I nearly cried! The emotions are too strong for me to handle :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Ahhhhhhh tysm :sob: I don’t even know where that came from honestly :new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

I think that’s the best part :smirk:

1 Like

my school wifi doesn’t block this site so :eyes: this is what i’m having for lunch lol
also omg tag me when u add new prompts cuz :woman_standing:

2 am thoughts

1:56 am. A woman lays flat on her face. 1:57 am. She rolls over to her side, her body stiff– uncomfortable. Her pillow is warm, as is her reddening face. A small window in the bedroom is opened ever so slightly. Left open hoping a cool breeze might pass by, but of course that would be too easy. It’s as hot outside as it is under thee multitude of sheets and blankets. She rolls to her other side. She was exhausted. Her eyes struggling to stay open, threatening to flutter shut as every minute passed. Her body was begging her to sleep, but every time her eyes shut, she shot right back open. Sleep wasn’t something she felt she could afford, as tired as she was. She couldn’t afford to let them win. She wasn’t exactly sure tif she could afford to lose sleeping, either. A double edged sword, really. The sounds of the night overcame her fear as her eyes began to flutter shut once again, this time she nearly gave in. 1:59 am. The woman shoots up as the temperature of the room increased tenfold. It was almost time, she thought to herself. The room was dark, only illuminated by a hint of moonlight. She aimlessly grabbed around for her small frame glasses, never once taking her sights off the door. Minutes passed, she stole a glance at the clock. 1:59 am. The floorboard creaked. “I am not afraid” she whispered. The door to her bedroom slammed shut. “I am not afraid”. The thumping of footsteps ceased at quickly as the began. There it was, she thought. Eyes still on the clock, 1:59 am, the woman took a deep breath. Raising her head slightly, a shadowy figured looming over her head– A comforting figure. Horns as long as her own arm. Shoulders as broad as her own twice over. She turned to the figure, slowly. “I know how to beat you,” she calmly began. The figure remained immobile. She paused, taking another breath. The woman looked away from the figure, digging into her nightstand. Holding her hand high to reach that of the figure’s, a wedding band in her palm. Dropping it into the figure’s void, she turned back to her pillow and shut her eyes. “Don’t forget your ring again, honey.”

8 Likes

I was so engaged and then you had my jaw drop at that last sentence… my jaw is still dropped. Hell let this be your lunch forever

2 Likes

Gahhhh this is so good :pleading_face:

2 Likes
2am Thoughts

The bright red numbers on the clock said it was 2am. It was 2am, and I still couldn’t stop thinking about my conversation with her. Begrudgingly I turned towards my phone, its sleek case reflecting a cherry glow. If I turned on the phone now: I would surely be up in the wee hours of the morning. If I didn’t, I would be plagued with dreams about just one more conversation. The reflection changed.

It was now 2:10am and I haven’t fallen asleep. I reached out and grasped my phone. The cool plastic case both comforted and troubled me. I have an essay to write: the subject matter being one of the courses I disdain the most. I’ve procrastinated. The teacher gave me one more day. And me being me, I didn’t write a single word. If I open this can of worms now I will most likely oversleep and fail.

I rationalize with myself for a moment, everything I’ve detailed makes perfect sense. Therefore, I should turn off the phone and roll over.

Yet my fingers have already opened the app and I’ve already seen her reply.

GirlFoundBuriedInEssays 11:07 pm
Haha I swear they’re going to kill us with these projectssss. You can revive my grades when you become a doctor right?

CoffeeDrunkZombie 11:10 pm
I’d do anything to keep you’re heart safe!

GirlFoundBuriedInEssays 11:12 pm
Smh you would end up eating it after being poisoned from all the coffee.

The corners of my lips began to lift until I smiled ear to ear. One last message and I’ll go to sleep. One more.

CoffeeDrunkZombie 2:37 am
I love you

With mixed emotions I set my device on the nightstand. My fingers are shaky and I feel oddly queasy, I wondered for a brief moment if I was sick. Then I realized it was because I told her how I felt. My face goes ghostly white mixed with a harsh shade of red. I told her- I texted- Oh no no no no no. I’m not going to get any sleep! She’s going to delete my number! I won’t be able to focus on my essay! I’ll bomb the essay! Fail the class! I won’t become a doctor! A flash of light interrupts my rant. She’s responded. My room gets flooded with a brilliant white and then goes dark again. I sit still. She’s seen it, she’s typed something back, and I’m about to witness the beginning of the end.

My hands quiver and shake violently as I touch my bringer of doom.

GirlFoundBuriedInEssays 2:50 am
Not as much as I love you. Now get some sleep or else you’ll look like me. :heart:

It’s now 3:32 am and I’m just getting to sleep. My long blonde hair is messy, I can’t stop biting my painted nails, and I look like a vampire covered in tomato sauce. However, it’s the best I’ve ever felt as reality had become sweeter than any dream I could hope to have.

5 Likes

I felt this so much and I adore the ending

This got me the most:

It’s so beautifully written :pleading_face:

1 Like

I loved this :pleading_face: fr it made me smile lol :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Ayoo thanks for checking on this thread u amazing :pensive::pensive:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m so happy that my writing affected you :pleading_face: :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you so much haha :woozy_face:

1 Like

How could I not? Everyone here is so talented I-:new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

for real :eyes:
Can’t wait to see the ones that are coming next :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

the way i made a whole a*s story-
anyway let’s hope no one steals this i kinda want to make this a story now LMAO
enjoy i guess :’)
ALSO THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS THREAD LY

my story (warning it’s long lol)

3 Likes

Wow. Just wow. I could feel her excitement when going to his house :pleading_face:

Make this a story I swear ugghhh AND KEEP ME UPDATED IF YOU DO

1 Like

lmao i don’t think i will anytime soon since i’m working on my current story but if i do continue i’ll definitely let you know :joy::white_heart: again thanks so much for this thread, lmk when the next prompt is ready ! i had a lot of fun lmao

1 Like

ohh and you keep me updated on your current story! :smirk:

1 Like