Improve your writing skills here!

romance is not my strong suit but this prompt was just so :pleading_face:
no wait this was so fun :woman_standing: ok lemme go add a romance scene to my story :walking_woman:t4:

that one night

“Hey. Look at me.” She placed her hand on my cheek, forcing me to look at her. Manicured nails just barely grazing my skin. I closed my eyes.

Please? Won’t you look at me?” Her voice barely a whisper. I took a shaky breath. I didn’t like seeing her cry. In fact, I hated it. I hate seeing her crying. But I looked anyway.

Her deep brown eyes sparkled in the moonlight as she silently wept. I frowned. I hate seeing her cry. “I don’t…” she stopped herself, training her eyes on the sand. Her hand slipped from my cheek down to my chest.

I took a breath, this time more sure. I brought my hand to her face and lifted her chin ever so slightly. Wordlessly, we stood for a long time. Until I found the words to speak– “You have to leave, don’t you?”

She squeezed her eyes shut, mascara running down her cheeks. I couldn’t cry too. Don’t cry, I thought to myself, swallowing hard. “I have to leave,” her eyes still shut, hand tightly grasping my shirt. I already knew that. Didn’t make it hurt any less. But at least I already knew.

I sighed and moved one hand around to the back of her head, the other to the small of her back. Pulling her close. Her curly hair moved with the wind, even with my hand firmly in the middle of it. “I know,” I began, “It’s okay. It’s okay.” She relaxed, releasing the breath she’d been holding, melting into me.

“Will I…” She hesitated. But I knew what she would say. I knew her better than I knew myself. And I knew the words that followed would hurt. “Will I see you again?” she asked, our bodies still close together.

We both knew the answer. We both knew, but she asked anyway. The wind blowing, water rushing, sand beneath our feet– it was perfect. Every moment with her was perfect.

“I hope so.”

5 Likes