Improve your writing skills here!

questionable

“It’s a man, it’s a man, it’s a man.”
they say:
It’s a delusion, it’s a delusion, it’s a delusion.
I see him in the morning, and at the end of my bed.
they took me to psych ward.
Everyday he creeps closer, and closer.
I feel his breath on my shoulder.
“Remeber me” he wispers.
“He’s here, he’s here, he’s here!”
“Please, this is not the girl I married.”
the docter enters. He leaves.

Love
~Capgras Syndrome~

wut is Capgras Syndrome?

“Capgras syndrome is a psychological condition. It’s also known as “imposter syndrome” or “Capgras delusion.” People who experience this syndrome will have an irrational belief that someone they know or recognize has been replaced by an imposter.”

4 Likes

romance is not my strong suit but this prompt was just so :pleading_face:
no wait this was so fun :woman_standing: ok lemme go add a romance scene to my story :walking_woman:t4:

that one night

“Hey. Look at me.” She placed her hand on my cheek, forcing me to look at her. Manicured nails just barely grazing my skin. I closed my eyes.

Please? Won’t you look at me?” Her voice barely a whisper. I took a shaky breath. I didn’t like seeing her cry. In fact, I hated it. I hate seeing her crying. But I looked anyway.

Her deep brown eyes sparkled in the moonlight as she silently wept. I frowned. I hate seeing her cry. “I don’t…” she stopped herself, training her eyes on the sand. Her hand slipped from my cheek down to my chest.

I took a breath, this time more sure. I brought my hand to her face and lifted her chin ever so slightly. Wordlessly, we stood for a long time. Until I found the words to speak– “You have to leave, don’t you?”

She squeezed her eyes shut, mascara running down her cheeks. I couldn’t cry too. Don’t cry, I thought to myself, swallowing hard. “I have to leave,” her eyes still shut, hand tightly grasping my shirt. I already knew that. Didn’t make it hurt any less. But at least I already knew.

I sighed and moved one hand around to the back of her head, the other to the small of her back. Pulling her close. Her curly hair moved with the wind, even with my hand firmly in the middle of it. “I know,” I began, “It’s okay. It’s okay.” She relaxed, releasing the breath she’d been holding, melting into me.

“Will I…” She hesitated. But I knew what she would say. I knew her better than I knew myself. And I knew the words that followed would hurt. “Will I see you again?” she asked, our bodies still close together.

We both knew the answer. We both knew, but she asked anyway. The wind blowing, water rushing, sand beneath our feet– it was perfect. Every moment with her was perfect.

“I hope so.”

5 Likes

Omg, how can you say romance isn’t your strong suit??? Girl, that was amazing!!!

1 Like

I just woke up and spent thatast hour reading everyone’s stories and omg the talent this thead contains -
:pleading_face::sneezing_face::sob:

Anddd i feel like I’m late to writing everyone has already written their prompts for the new topics and now what should i do :pensive::fist:t3:

2 Likes

Thissss. THIS ONE RIGHT HERE. Is like one of my favorite one so far :sob:
I’m in love with your writing :sneezing_face::relieved::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I honestly have no idea what I was trying to go for, but here’s this:

2 am thoughts

One sheep jumps over the fence…

Two sheep jump over the fence…

Three sheep jump over the fence…

I shifted to my left side while pulling the silky sheets over my face.

Four sheep jump over the fence…

Five sheep jump over the fence…

I slightly sit up to check the time on my phone.

1:57 am

I shift over to right side and attempt to fall into a deep sleep.

Breathe in.

And out.

In.

And out.

I start to feel little drops of sweat streaming down my face.

I decide to check the time again.

2:00 am

I pull my body out from under the covers and turn on my lamp that stands still next to my bedside. The bright light almost blinds me as I turn it on. I lift up the blinds to look out the window. I see the trees blowing with the wind, and the street lights flicker with madness. I move my finger away from window and look around my boring, empty room. I let out a small sigh. I decide to grab the book that I’ve been reading for the past few days.

“Maybe this will help.”

I silently mumble to myself.

I can hear the little wrinkles coming from the book as I turn the page. I cringe a little.

I remove the not-so-sticky note from the page, and pick up where I left off.

My mind gets lost in the romantic ideas that this book creates in my imagination. Having someone to hold you while you sleep, someone who shares the same dreams as you, someone who cares. I let out another gentle sigh as I look towards the window again, and wonder what it’s like to feel these emotions.

I check the time once more.

2:15 am

I placed the sticky note that held my spot in the book on the sentence “If I had to do it all over again, I would choose you.”

I close the book and stand up. I walk over to my desk that sits in the corner of my room. As I opened the drawer, I hear the delicate creaking noise that floor board makes. A silent shush exits out of my mouth almost as if I am talking to the ground. I place the book inside the desk and close it lightly. I sprint back to bed and place the covers over my body. I check the time again.

2:30 am

I turn off my lamp and phone, and look towards the window again. The streetlight’s flicker has calmed down, and the wind has vanished. I lay back down on my right side. Instead of counting sheep and deep breaths, I think about fantasies. Romantic fantasies. I can feel my heartbeat slowing down and becoming more silent. I shut my eyes for a spilt second and immediately fall into a deep, pleasant sleep.

I think I was going for the hopeless romantic vibe? I honestly don’t know lol

2 Likes

Hey hey! This was the best way to wake up, I’m gonna read them now. I’ve edited the main post so everything should be fine now.

2 Likes

New prompts! (2)

I thought of this prompt and I think it would be nice to add. This prompt is focused on emotions and character development!

It feels like I should make more and more 'cuz you guys EAT these prompts :skull::skull::white_heart:

tension

The verbal fight between you and your husband is getting out of hand. “Start the car. We’re going to a couples’ therapy.”

Verbal is bold 'cuz I do not want to see any other form of violence. It’s about emotions after all. Oh no abi is getting heated HSJSJSJSJ ly guys

Ayo imma add one more 'cuz why not. Also about emotions! But I added something fun here, hehe.

the opposite

Long distance relationships are hard. The one is living their best life while the other can’t wait for the next phone call.

Write in two perspectives! They are truly opposites.

Tell me if I should keep telling you guys why I went for this prompt and what I want you to improve on! :))

Ngl I really like these prompts. I’m kinda proud of myself now :))

Tags

@dazzling_ash @_Epii_x @Me_and_Mel @tyratuna @viarose @someone2 @Tay11 @Shrinking_Violet @Phoenix_11037 @ashh36 @noyaan @RandomUnicorn

10 Likes

If i write about long distance relationship you’re gonna make me write the story of my life :sob::sob::sob::skull::pleading_face:

2 Likes

Awhh :pleading_face::pleading_face:
Hope the opposites part is not applicable

1 Like

@Abinaya: Has just woken up!

Me: Laying in bed up late at 3:00AM and I have to take a shower at like 10:00AM! :sob:

2 Likes

It is applicable :pensive::crossed_fingers:t2:
Butttttt I find the couples therapy one interesting :yum:
Wonder if i should make it comedy or lowkey thriller :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Abi, you’re lucky you’re my bsf and ily cause I suck at writing lmao. But, here goes nothin-

"Can you see me?"

I walked to my local park, not realizing that the weather had gotten worse. By the time I’m there, it’s freezing cold and the snow starts to fall. A droplet hits my nose, and I shiver. I exhale and watch my breath form in front of me. I’m already here, there’s no point in turning back. Slowly picking up my feet, I start to walk through the park. It’s always so tranquil at night. But, there’s not a single bench in sight, this definitely crushes my spirits. I’m tired, I could say that for sure, I should’ve stayed home, was the first thought that popped in my head. I turn my back towards the blowing wind and slowly make my way down the same path, backwards. There wasn’t a single soul in sight, it would be safe to do so.
Carefully, I start walking, slowly picking up my pace to see how fast I could go. I trip and land on the grass. A loud laugh escapes my lips. The sound travels far, it echoes back to me and this leaves me startled. Tempted to act on my fear, I say “Hello?”, the sound travels back to me. I chuckled “Of course, it was just an echo”, I say under my breath. I decide to get up and keep walking backwards, eventually I’d fine a bench. Carefully placing my steps, I carry on.
Suddenly, I stumble over something. I hear a loud “OW”, and that’s when I’m certain it wasn’t a large rock. My cheeks turn a bright red as I stand up and offer my hand. She doesn’t seem to notice. “Are you alright”, I asked in a startled tone. Once again, I get no reply. Great, she’s ignoring me, I think to myself. I start to walk off when I hear the stranger’s voice. “Hello, who’s there?”, she calls out frantically. I turn, confused as to why she can’t see me. Maybe the wind was blowing the snow in her eyes. I stood still, waiting to see her next move. Once again she yelled for an answer. Curiosity gets the best of me, I decide to walk towards her. She’s frantically grasping at the things around her, I must’ve scared her. I tap her on the shoulder, and ask “Are you alright?” She swings back and manages to hit me. Startled couldn’t even begin to describe how I felt, I was just assaulted for no reason! I definitely didn’t think it would be a good idea to try and help again. But, she starts to back up, not aware of the things around her, and she trips.
Even after being hit, I still find the need to be a good person. I walk over slowly and grab her hand to lift her up, for some reason she doesn’t hit me this time. She starts swiftly moving her head, taking in the surroundings. I let go of her hand and stare in a daze of confusion. She reaches her hand out and starts feeling around my face, for some odd reason this causes me to laugh. She smiles and looks at me calmy. That’s when I noticed her eyes, a beautiful shade of pale blue, nearly even white. “Can you see me?”, I asked. No response… I repeat myself, and this time her expression changes. Obviously she can tell I’m speaking, her fingers moves across my jaw. Sensing my confusion, she lets out a small laugh and says “I can’t see, or hear you.” Now everything made sense, the reason she was so worried, the reason she didn’t respond. I take her hand off of my face and trace the letters of my name into her palm. This makes her smile, she doesn’t tell me her name, but instead says, “I apologize for bumping into you”. And with that, she starts walking away.
Stunned, I stand there, wondering if any of this has really happened. On my walk home, all I thought of was this mystery woman from the park. The only question on my mind was “Will I ever see her again?”.

I tried :relieved:

4 Likes

ship ship ship ship ship ship.

THAT WAS WONDERFUL

2 Likes

Thank you :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Oh my god I-
STOP BEING TALENTED AT EVERYTHING YOU DO :sob: :sob: its not fair :triumph:

4 Likes

I- sjsjfhf that wasn’t even my best one-

3 Likes

SHHHHHHHHHHHH
IT WAS STILL FREAKIN GOOD :sob: You’re freakin talented-

3 Likes

I- I’m speechless omfg this was so freaking good :pleading_face::relieved:
I have chills :skull:
I’m in love with your writing thank you for sharing this wonderful story :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Woah- haha, that’s super nice of you aaaa. Thank you :pleading_face:

3 Likes