Improve your writing skills here!

Okay guysss I’ve never ever written anything romantic but here’s my first try :pleading_face::fist:t3:

Tension

It is a really beautiful sunset today. The sky was painted with hundred shades of pink - her favorite color. But it is slowly fading in to blues with a hint of purple- my favorite color. The beauty of the sky today is alluring, pretty much like hers. My eyes wander from the sunset visible from my window to her, sitting on the bed with her knees clutchedto her chest and her head buried down. I should be enjoying this evening, especially with the love of my life beside me, but I’m not. As the nightfall approaches, I replay all of our memories together, from the day we met at the mall to our wedding day- 3 years ago. I still remember it as it was yesterday. Just as clearly as I remember the day we met, when we had our first argument. We both wanted the same dress- a silk golden gown, but the shop had only one piece left. Thats when I first saw her eyes, same color as of the dress, and I imagined her in it. Heavenly.
The silence between us now is deafening. It seemed like an eternity- but it had been only 5 minutes since we were quiet. I hated to see her like this- so broken, so vulnerable. Was I to blame for it? It had been our fourth argument this week, yet it was the loudest we ever had. Despite of whatever we said to each other, I’m scared of losing her. Everything feels meaningless- even my existence, without her.
“Hannah” My name escapes her lips so softly, it brings back tears I had been trying to hold back. She rarely calls me by my name. “Get in the car, Hannah. We’re going to a couple’s therapy”
I just stood there, shook. I open my mouth to speak but no words escape. Her words echo in my mind, making a permanent mark into my memory. She gets up and walk to me. What should I say? How am I supposed to react?
She cups my tear stained face into her hand. Oh her gentle touch. “Its going to be fine Hannah. Whatever this is, we will sort it out. It hurts me to see you like this. I promise we will work this out love, I don’t wanna lose you ever.”
I look into her glimmering golden eyes, and I see hope in them. That’s it, thats all it took for all the tears I’ve been holding back to fall apart. I hug her tightly, weeping into her arms, letting it all out.
I’m so blessed to have her.

4 Likes