Improve your writing skills here!

under the moon

saturday night. 8:30 pm
this feels like a dream, a dream which came true. little did i know what was waiting for me…
“i love you sandra, i really do”
“i love you too nicolau” i replied to the man who was standing infront of me, the love of my life.
“dance with me…” he said
“okay…”
here we are, dancing in the moonlight, smiling like idiots. “i hope this day never ends” i thought.

five minutes later

"sandra, i wanted to do this from a long time and now i finally have the chance to-" nicolau started but was soon cut off by my sister. she came running, breathless and had a worried expression. “way to ruin the mood” i thought
"sandra mom- she- she she’s in the hospital" she said breathlessly and my face went blank, still processing what she said.
"which hospital and what happened??! i screamed
"i’ll take you there" she said and nicolau’s phone started ringing
"i’ll be right back babe"
"dont worry, i’ll take care of her. you should go home" my sister replied and i nodded in agreement “i’ll talk to you later then” he said and kissing my cheek on the way
"lets go"
we were right outside the building when emily (my sister) stopped. “what’s wrong” i asked and thats when she pulled the knife out and i freaked out.
"what are you doing emily?" i slowly asked, confused.
she walked up to me slowly put the knife near my stomach and that’s when i understood what was going on.
"why?" i asked waiting for a reply
"you took him away from me, nicolau. i loved him yet he chose you"! she screamed
and that’s when i froze, not knowing what to say. i knew what was going to happen next so i just closed my eyes.
blood was splattered everywhere when i opened my eyes. i looked down to my stomach but noticed something else. emily. her cold lifeless body lying on the floor
i looked up to find nicolau with a knife in his hand and that’s when i understood what happened. i went over to him and hugged him tightly not letting go
"i love you"
"i love you too’

3 Likes