Improve your writing skills here!

You guys are so damn talented

2 Likes

episode is crazy crazy

1 Like

If we hit 1K, imma make a prompt for every genre I can think of and post at ones :imp:

3 Likes

WE are NEARLY THERE!!

1 Like

crying in disbelief

1 Like

Here’s my first one! Shorter than I’d normally write but I think making it any longer would only make it monotonous.

In The Dark

I sat in my bed paralyzed by fear, my eyes fixated on one thing. I could make out the shape perfectly, even in the dark. It was clear as day, standing right at the foot of my bed. I tried to make a sound, a scream, a whisper, anything. But I could not. All I could do was sit there with my legs under the covers my hands gripping them tightly.

I began to feel a lump in the back of my throat. It didn’t take long for hot tears to begin dripping down my cheeks. This couldn’t be happening. It isn’t happening. Nothing could ever explain why this thing was there. I feared it reaching out to me and touching me, perhaps dragging me out of bed to somewhere unknown. I opened my mouth before the being took a step closer.

My mother stood there smiling at me, wearing the dress she was buried in after being sent to the grave by my own hand. “Hello Sweetie. Did you miss me?”

4 Likes

@Abinaya i dare you to write for all prompts after that if this hits 1k :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Me: no go back to being dead I’m sleepy :sleepy:

BRO I loved this please write more :pleading_face:

3 Likes

I don’t think y’all want my writings hahah
y’all are the big deals :imp:
I’m here to serve you ma’am :smirk:

3 Likes

Aaa thank you so much!!

3 Likes

The ending gave me chillssssssssssss :hot_face:
AMAZING writing brooo

3 Likes

If this gets to 1k you have to write more prompts :smirk:

4 Likes

haha no :smirk:

2 Likes

Ahhh why not serve me by giving me your masterpieces :relieved: :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

BC THEY’RE AVERAGE :smiley:
:maple_leaf::boom::fire::tangerine::carrot::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::orange_heart:

ayo we’re nearly there imma have to make a big *ss list

2 Likes

If yours are average then mine are burnt up non-existent trash :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Don’t say that again boo I really love your writing sm :pleading_face:

2 Likes

This one got really emotional :joy:

Under The Moon

Her hair was lit up in the moonlight, it was straight combed into little braids at the top. Her features seemed paler than usual, her lips seemed a harsher shade of pink than I remember. Even her nose had seemed to change, the smoothness that I recalled was gone, a bump in the center. Oh, but her eyes were the same. Dark doe eyes stared at me with fondness, that was my EmMarie. I rushed towards her, wrapping my arms around her. I had been dreaming of this moment, sure that I would be elated, drunker than the best whiskey could get me. I had supposed she would cry, in return for this one sweet moment, I would too.

However, I am only greeted with discomfort. She’s grown many inches and my arms are in an awkward position. My head hits her shoulder roughly and I find myself red at the cheeks. Her arms, which were once soft, are hardened with muscle. She reluctantly lifts her arms and pats my back as if I’m a little kid. I let go and stare at her with slight confusion. She’s crying. Not in the way I had imagined though, her face scrunched up and burned red in a rather ugly manner. I reach out but pull myself back. Someone I hadn’t seen before stepped towards her. He put his arm around her waist a smile on his lips. Not a smug or condescending one, a real genuine smile of pity. I got the message.

This wasn’t my EmMarie, nor would she ever be again. I turned on my heel, ready to flee from the situation and the pain that arose with it. Before she stopped me, her gaze crestfallen, clearly staring behind me and not at me. A way to feel less guilty, less hurt, suddenly I found myself wanting to try out the same strategy. Then she takes my hand and puts something in it. It crinkles at any movement I make.

”I’ll be leaving now, EmMarie” I bring her calloused hand to my lips, the man beside her stays silent, as if he knows we will never meet again.

As I held the brittle paper dotted with long since dried tears, my eyes drifted to the window of the train. Fixed and entranced by the magical landscape and thousands of stars. I knew what its contents were even though I had never seen the letter before and somehow, it would be more painful than the beach side meeting. I carefully folded it into my pocket’s jacket and watched the Big Dipper fade in the background. When I see these stars again, in the same light as now, I’ll be a half. Yin without Yang. The skyline changed, ushering the bright twinkles out and replacing them with smoke and chimneys, I felt the droop of my eyelids and cried. This wouldn’t be the first time I’ve felt warm tears cascade down my cheeks when I thought of her, and certainly not the last.

5 Likes

awh y’all too sweet l
sigh i’ll think about it :angry:

2 Likes