In need of some zooming help!

Hey! I am trying to zoom into one of my characters, but I want the zoom to be a straight zoom if that makes sense. Unfortunately, whenever I attempt to get the zoom I’m looking for it kind of curves instead of being straight. If anyone could tell me how to fix this, I would be extremely grateful.

@zoom on 6451 261 to 111% in 0
@zoom on 1339 174 to 113% in 3
@zoom on 331 174 to 344% in 3

1 Like

Those zooms look like they’re in different zones (very far away from each other, seeing 6k and 1k spot placement), and it (the curve) will happen even if you use the easein command. I believe you didn’t specify the zone at the beginning, and the default zone is 1, so that being said, it’ll curve no matter what.
You can try setting zones, then use the pan-to-zone command with zoom at the same time and see if the curve is gonna disappear. Or place characters in shorter distance, closer to each other. :thinking:

They are in different zones! I have attempted panning from zone 3 to zone 1 and then doing the zoom, but the pan to zone 1 seems to go further than I want it to. I have tried panning to zone 2 instead, and it just doesn’t work out, so i’m a bit stuck here. :sob: :blob_hearts:

you can do panning and zooming at the same time, if I remember correctly, I was doing that a long time ago when I was learning how to code and it worked, so it would stop at the right spot you want of the zoom.

try
&pan to zone 1 in 2
&zoom on XXX (coordination you want) in 2
@pause for 2

if it’ll still curve, then I suggest changing spotting for characters closer to each other and using easein command with shorter time than 3

#set original zoom to this percentage.
BEFORE ZOOM DIALOGUE/CODE here

&zoom on x y to 344% in 0
&zoom on 331 174 to 344% in 3
@pan to zone 3 in 3

Changing the original zoom to the same percentage as the ending spot, you’ll avoid the wierd zoom curve, and since you’ve used & they will happen simultaneously and the @pan will stop the script until the zoom gets where it’s going :slight_smile:

Thank you!! I’ll try it now :white_heart:

Hey, I’m sorry but I’m a bit confused. If the original percentage was 100% and the ending one is 401% do I change the 100 to 401? I’m also wondering whether that would just zoom the original zoom in more.

1 Like

I messaged you so I can help you there :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.