In The Works: A Sci-Fi Shelf

IG post: HERE

Episode is looking for sci-fi stories or stories about aliens and the wording of this kind of bugs me but whatevs What would you recommend?

Other shelves they have in the works:

19 Likes

So they want either or? Why didn’t they just ask for sci-fi straight up?

7 Likes

I’m wondering if the wording is because they’re not sure if there’s enough sci-fi stories? And some people with alien romance stories might not think theirs fit? lol

I actually can’t really think of any. At least, none that haven’t been featured.

7 Likes

It’s more like… do they not consider Aliens sci-fi? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Lol

6 Likes

Lost in Space - VeronicaWrites

1 Like

I can’t think of any good alien stories on the app, and sci-fi isn’t really my forte. I wonder where they separate the line between fantasy and sci-fi?

Edit- I feel like Dawn of Resurgence would be a good fit for this shelf, I’m not a big sci-fi reader, but this story is great.

2 Likes

Thank you for this thread Amber! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

@Zey @TalGordin

3 Likes

To me it feels like they added “aliens” because they’re not sure their audience knows what the term sci-fi means :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Which is a problem if you ask me LOL please educate those people

5 Likes

I wish World On A String was still on the app :pensive: Such a good sci-fi story!

2 Likes

they better not feature the two stories that I know will probably get featured :woozy_face:

Uh, I don’t know any stories, sadly.

9 Likes

Yup, I’ve seen some people asking if fantasy creatures count as sci-fi. I don’t think that it’s a problem but maybe this shelf will help them discover a new (amazing) genre :yum:

As for the stories I have so many to suggest:
Our galaxies intertwined
Mission become
The Laboratory (it’s scifi but not with aliens)
Dangerous Space
Precision Impact
Mysterious signal
(I’m sure that I’m forgetting a lot of them so I’ll probably edit this post to add more)

7 Likes

The only one I can think of at the moment would be Identical by @rachel.epii. No aliens, but high tech future and androids.

I’ve been concentrating on getting my contest entry done so I haven’t read much of anything lately. :weary:

6 Likes

i’m currently writing a sci-fi story, nothing to do with aliens btw :grin:

1 Like

You’re absolutely right.

• Identical by @rachel.epii
  • Cyberhunt (Has this been featured, Amber?)
3 Likes

No, Cyberhunt is still a shelf-virgin :cherries:

2 Likes

I reccomend: Our galaxy intertwined: Alternate universe by Natty James

1 Like

I think it’s possible they mean the story doesn’t have to be sci-fi but does need to have aliens?

Obviously most alien stories tend to be science fiction, but something like Spielberg’s ET for example isn’t set in a futuristic world - aka something we might not consider as being quite the same as pure sci-fi.

6 Likes

Oh, so they’re looking for alien stories but they predicted there won’t be enough to fill a shelf so they threw in sci-fi to be sure?

2 Likes

As for recs, oof. I’m behind on sniffing out any new stories in general, let alone for this subgenre.

Umbralis by The Bard, maybe? I don’t know if someone would say it’s about aliens, but it does have alien characters. I’ll throw it out there and reviewers can decide if that’s too off-base for the shelf.

Also… IG crowd, come on. :skull: I don’t usually say this, but stories that have already been on a shelf or even bought by Episode don’t need to be on this one too. That would defeat the entire purpose.

6 Likes