In the Works: A Shelf About Big Mistakes and Plans Gone Wrong

Since this thread hasn’t resulted in any implementation (yet), I’m here to ask forumers what they would suggest for this:

Untitled

I don’t work for Episode, so I can’t promise that any of the stories you recommend will be featured on the shelf, but perhaps the following could happen instead:

• Someone might post your story recommendations on the official instagram post for you and they’ll get seen that way.
  • Other people might check out the stories you share in preparation for the shelf just in case it does make the shelf so then they’ll be ready to share their thoughts on @FallenAngelNight13’s famous Let’s Talk About… topics
  • My feature request might get more support…?
  • Or maybe someone from Episode will see this thread and consider your recommendations for the shelf.
14 Likes

I recommended Music in our hearts by @Mary-P.
Anthea parents planned out her life already. So Anthea decides she wants to take control of her life and pursue music and arts instead. I feel like her story fits the shelf perfectly.

I also suggested my story(Kotton Kandie) as well. Due to the fact that Kandie marriage ended in divorce. Instead of her being happily married with two kids. She now has to deal with the reality of a failed marriage.

I also recommended Forever Young by Jalissa. The story starts out with an older Vivian. She’s unhappy in her marriage and regret the choices she made in the past. A mythical woman comes down from the sky and gives Vivian a 2nd chance at life. So throughout the story you have to guess who her current husband is and pretty much avoid him at all cost.

8 Likes

Great ideas :wink:

2 Likes

I love this shelf idea :blue_heart:!
~
I recommended:
Your Secret Admirer by Cray💗
Forever Young by Jalissa.
Forever Yours by Kylie.
The Night We Met by @BarS :sob::purple_heart:
Stolen Moments by Indigo.
A Second Chance by Megan M.
Closing The Distance by G. Lambert.
Crossed Paths by @Days
AFTER SCHOOL & SIN TO YOU by Effy Ameer.
Flight of Passion by @Jadlyss
Jett Set, Go by the one and only @amberose :wink: :heartpulse:
(The Spicy Payback by me :blush:)
~
PS I was so grateful and pleasantly surprised that my story got recommended quite a lot, so a huge thank you for that :heartpulse::star_struck:

4 Likes

Hahaha! Really? I’m not sure about the theme. It’s a bit too vague and makes me think there’s going to be a few accidentally-pregnant stories :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
That’s a lot of recommendations! Here I was thinking no one was going to suggest anything and then you pop up :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Always :):heavy_heart_exclamation:
~

Hahahahaha yes, quite a lot of preggo stories have already been recommended :sob::joy:
The only ones I agreed with were Pregnant By A Nerd & Precious Mistake, because they don’t romanticise teen pregnancy according to the readers & screenshots I’ve seen :slight_smile:

~
And yes I recommended quite a lot, because I want all these hidden gems to be noticed :sparkles::pray:t5::wink:
(And I was feeling very grateful while recommending :joy::heartpulse:)
~
PS I SUPPORT!

1 Like

Ah, this is indeed really vague…

The first story that came to my mind was From This Day Forward by Goth Gaia.
MC finally dumps her boyfriend who is an ultimate cheating jerk, but when the guy asks if she would marry him, she says yes! I could barely think of a bigger, stupider mistake than this… (I have to add that in overall the story is a good read and the MC is likeable, I was just really annoyed by that asshole boyfriend and I couldn’t wait to get rid of him.)

The Fool Card by M. Jordan - After a breakup, MC is depressed, gets drunk in a bar and kind of humiliates herself by telling some awkward, personal things to a complete stranger. Little does she know that the guy is her new client and they are going to work together.

I would also recommend The Four Horsemen by S. Unique, but I can’t really explain this choice of mine, because I have no idea how to do that without spoiling the whole story.

And yes, Forever Young by Jalissa, obviously.

5 Likes

Thank lovely, agree to all of them except I haven’t read The Fool Card, so I’ll have to check that one out. I know what you mean about The Four Horsemen :wink: And tbh, I will be surprised if Forever Young doesn’t get picked. It was the first, and only, one I could think of for a while

2 Likes

Thank you so much! The topic is a tad vague - I am kinda unsure how Crossed Paths would fit aha but thanks my Day bae :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Lol if there was a heartbreak shelf that would have been great

2 Likes

AAH I came onto this thread and was totally not expecting to see my story. I’m very flattered, thank you for the recommendation and for reading!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Yes yes yes! Kotton Kandie better be up on that shelf or Im suing Episode!

3 Likes

I’m hoping, it’s in episode hands now. sigh

2 Likes

They will be catching hands if they dont. The story is so fitting to the theme like what else do you want Episode???

2 Likes

I have a story coming up soon…

1 Like

That fits this theme?

1 Like

Uh, kind of? A woman who thinks she’s, well, on the top of the world, but another woman comes in and gets revenge on her for killing her sister… The result is… A lot.

2 Likes

I love you so much

2 Likes

Bump~
In the spirit of the vaguey theme, I’m going to suggest a few non accidental pregnancies and explain why they’d fit the shelf…

Lie To Me by Alexander Mar - Without giving too much away, a male MC is released from prison and must fill in for his doppelganger who needs to do one last mission for the gang he’s unwillingly in. So that is the plan part of the shelf covered. The plan gone wrong takes place when doppelganger’s best friend who also happens to be a cop moves back to town and gets/is suspicious of how MC is behaving.

Closing the Distance by G. Lambert - MC gets stuck on the other side of the country with someone who is kinda sorta her enemy, because he won a car and in her drunk state, she agreed to drive it back with him instead of getting the flight like they were supposed to. So plan? To drive a car back home. Plan gone wrong? Ok, honestly there are so many things that go wrong in this… Car battery dying, getting robbed, there was a whole pregnancy thing… Oh… Here you go. Here’s one with the tiniest bit of pregnancy to satisfy the majority of episode readers… :unamused:

Does anyone have any more to suggest?

4 Likes

B u M p