In The Works: A Shelf For Asian American And Pacific Islander Heritage Month

IG post: here

Once again, Episode is asking for story recommendations for their upcoming Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month shelf. And once again, I’m here bringing the thread to the forums and begging that we please do not get into a heated debate over the shelf requirements for this theme.

So yeah, what would you recommend?

Other shelves they currently have in the works:

12 Likes
  • Linked by Ariel C.
2 Likes

It seems like this year they’re just focusing on the authors- there doesn’t seem to be any and/or requirement like previous years?

Butttt… in saying that, if anyone has a story or knows a story that’s written by an author of Asian American or Pacific Island heritage AND features non-customisable characters of the same heritage, let me know so I can read and recommend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sunflower by @janinestories pleaseeeeee :pleading_face::sunflower:

2 Likes

The Group Project by @kw.episode :heartbeat:

2 Likes

To Feel Alive by Gen Matthews :pleading_face::heartbeat:

3 Likes

Bump :smile_cat:

Any more suggestions, pals? We’re still looking! :smiley:

6 Likes

Anyone?

Looks like there’s a gap. I guess I should write one so I can be featured next year :rofl: (I’m half Asian for anyone who didn’t know lol)

3 Likes

Not sure if this story’s been featured before but Haunted: Take Me Home by Ruby L Lee

1 Like

And if it doesn’t win the Magicka contest, 'Cubusome by @ParkLow_G

5 Likes

Aw, thanks dude :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Ahahahaha two I suggested yes. Sunflower, MC is full CC but LI is filipino and not customisable. Also has lots of Filipino specfic references.

To Feel Alive, no CC and one of the MCs is Chinese and so is the author :grin:

1 Like

Thank you, Alpha! I’m not Asian, though. My other story was on the shelf last year because my coauthor for that one is Japanese.

5 Likes

6jjuqZw

Lemme just, uh…

Delete

6 Likes

:sob: Thank you so much Amber! :heart: I hope all is well with you. Stay safe and healthy :rose:

2 Likes

Bump~

2 Likes

@tsukino.episode - “Reality Behind Glasses”, such a beautifully directed/told story & a new author, + the story just gets better each episode! :smiley: She deserves a feature for sure :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Sydney_H please close this thread thank you

2 Likes

Closed by op request. :grinning: