In The Works: A Shelf For Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month

Episode posted this on IG. I’ve been taking all their posts and putting them on forums for a while now so that forumers can also share what they want to see on shelves too.

For this theme, they’re asking for stories by authors of Asian or Pacific heritage or stories that feature characters that are… So what would you recommend?

They also want to try and ensure it’s not stories that have already been featured, so please don’t suggest ones if you know they’ve already been on a shelf.

If you want to debate the shelf theme or the requirements, go here. Thank you.

20 Likes

I wonder of they’ll feature Meila again. Love her stories. All Asian Mc’s. Well, except for 2. :sweat:

5 Likes

Good thread @amberose !

Love seeing the recommendations that the community has to offer :slight_smile:

15 Likes

5 Likes

Thank you for this thread again!
I’m probably going to edit this a million times as I remember more stories, sorry :frowning_face:

• Empress of Time by @Himeji
  • Adventurous: RPG by @Himeji
  • Waverly & the Pirate Prince by Therese.

:heart:

9 Likes

I’m really sorry you feel this way @Mehasels but this is the wrong thread for that kind of discussion. The one I referred to in the OP is probably more on-topic :confused:

3 Likes

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hahaha, you know I wouldn’t :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But yes, I kinda want to see suggestions since discussions about the shelf themes can and will get out of hand and get these threads close.

We might not pick the themes and we might not always support the themes once they are decided, but once Episode announces them, at least we have the opportunity to contribute what actually goes on them :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I would like to recommend the story “A whole new world” by @/LadyBirdEpisode. I don’t know if this story has been featured before but it’s really good. The MC is a limited CC Indian and this story is about Indian culture and explores different topics. The author has clearly done her research and represents her characters well and this is actually my first time reading about an Indian character in episode. I totally think this story deserves to be on this shelf.

2 Likes

I was going to recommend this one too but it was featured on the Women’s history month shelf, if I’m not mistaken.

I was also going to recommend Dare To Dream, but it was also shelved before!

5 Likes

Tribe of Malapinchi by @JannahJackson

6 Likes

I would also like to recommend “Beat as One” by the author named catelyn. In this story both the Mc and the love interest are Asian and she calls her story a “Korean drama” and I think the author is Asian herself. This story deserves to be featured.

7 Likes

I’ll be reading it right now.

3 Likes

Thank YOUUUUU​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

the Tribe of Malapinchi by JannahJackson. That was a really good one, it had lots of diversity, plus it was cool seeing my language be used in there, it’s the first time I saw that-but yep, this story is really diverse and I can tell a lot of research went into it; it’s very enjoyable and would def fit the shelf’s theme :nerd_face: :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Empress of time by Himeji!!

3 Likes

Do you think halfies like me would qualify? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I… I don’t know? :weary: I mean… Pacific includes Australia, doesn’t it? So then you would be full… But then they add American so idk, does that rule you out again? Too many technicalities for me to decipher.

1 Like

I think pacific more means like Papua New Guinea, Indonesia etc hahah

1 Like

Yesss! Finally! Only wish I was able to publish my story sooner :sob:

Dare to Dream is a good one. The Mc is of asian heritage.

3 Likes