In The Works: A Shelf For Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month

Can we not recommend stories with full CC for the Mc? Limited is fine but for full, it takes away the heritage for the Mc when you change their look completely.

1 Like

Probably true… But speaking of Indonesia, you just reminded me of one that would fit…

New Life Abroad by @epi_alifah I’ve been reading it the past few days, it’s set in Indonesia.

7 Likes

Do you know any suggestions?

1 Like

Tribe Of Malapinchi offers an MC with full CC, but the reason why I recommended it is because it’s set in an Asian country, and it focuses heavy on Asian heritage. It’s seriously a great story I think should be featured on the shelf

6 Likes

In this context, they’re likely referring to Pacific Islanders, which would include Native Hawaiians, Samoans, Fijans, Micronesian, Polynesians…

But to answer @Atreus’ question, I don’t see why not. It’s still part of your identity. :slight_smile: from their Instagram post:
"Let us know in the comments what your favorite stories are by authors of Asian or Pacific heritage or feature characters that are. "
It doesn’t appear that there’s a rule against multi or bi-racial Asians/Pacific Americans, but I want to avoid steering off topic by going into that territory.

I look forward to checking out the stories mentioned, and I’ll be sure to let you know if I remember any, @amberose :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

The Cocoa Exhange by Sleepy Dreamer. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wait what!? Oof. I will be adding a lot of stories to my list after these shelves.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve read that one and I agree :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know another one but I forgot the damn name…It was a really good one too.

2 Likes

Well I’ll shoot my shot but for now my recommendations:

Empress of time by @Himeji
Beat as one by @Catelyn
Waverley and the pirate prince by @therese
Puppy love by @authorlou.episode

4 Likes

Well, everyone already recommend most stories :eye::lips::eye:

Ehm. Starting with;
Empress of Time by Himeji
MC: Chivalry Isn’t Dead by Icarus
Rage by Dina D. Quixote
Beat As One by Catelyn
To the Edge of the Galaxy or Waverly & The Pirate Prince by Therese they both fit
Tainted Souls by Noella Mei

I’ve been trying to find more but it’s not that easy, you know, lol. Also, I think This Isn’t Me by ZADDY should be featured. The story takes place in South Korea, the author’s race doesn’t matter if they are willing to represent Asians more than those who are Asian.

6 Likes

Ooh ooh bursts through doors off her break because this appeared on her private Instagram too…

My story is The Wedding Buddies. The mc is Japanese, and her heritage plays a big part in the story. As events occur spoilers you’ll see more of her family introduced and as the wedding approaches more of her learning about her culture.

5 Likes

:sunglasses::call_me_hand:t5:

1 Like

Oh my goodness @episode.anon :heartpulse: Thank you so much! And yes, I am Asian :blush:. I’m Korean Canadian.
All the best to you,
Catelyn

4 Likes

Thanks @Atreus so much! :heartpulse: for supporting Beat As One.
And to answer your question earlier, I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t go for this shelf.
All the best,
Catelyn

3 Likes

@ELx thank you :heartpulse:
Catelyn

3 Likes

I have found some more recommendations.
A Little Bad @/HanSoyeon has both Asian mc and Asian author

And idk if this qualifies because I think it was featured before? but the story Dare to Dream by @/sarah robbins has an Asian mc

2 Likes

Omg thank you so much Amber!!! :sob: :black_heart:

1 Like

I would recommend He Can’t Tame Me by Meila Summers bcs it has Vietnamese MC.
I would also recommend Tribe of Malapinchi by @JannahJackson bcs it has very diversed Asian characters.

3 Likes