In The Works: A Shelf For Interactive Stories

Episode’s asking for intensely interactive story recommendations. What would you all recommend?

Instagram post: here

Other shelves they currently have in the works:

10 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what they mean by interactive. Stories where choices matter? Stories that have lots of mini games/tappables? Or either/both?

Here’s some (assuming either/both is fine):
Wanderlust Academy by Mavis
By the Book by Amberose
Detenu by J Miley
Hit and Run by me :rofl:

3 Likes

By The Book by Amberose
Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane by Marshmallow O. (tehehehe)

3 Likes

Lmao, when this is still in :air_quotes: beta :air_quotes:
But yes, I imagine they mean stories where your choices matter heavily. Less about dialogue choices and more about action choices that lead to consequences? I feel like mini games would not be a requirement but that most stories with minigames would naturally be a good fit.
Thank you for the recommendation :hugs:

2 Likes

1 Like

Lol it’s likely going to be in beta forever.

This would be a cool shelf. Actually, I hope there are a few complete stories on there because stories that are already complete with multiple endings based on your choices would be fun.

4 Likes

Duemadiri by Vaena and Erin. This one is particularly impressive because it branches out into separate books with the four possible protagonists.

Clue: By The Book by amberose. Lots of customization, minigames, and nice personal options like whether or not I want my player character to drink or have a non-alcoholic alternative - no punishment by the game either way.

Proxy by Rozozzy. It gives you some difficult choices to make and is supposed to have 11 separate endings.

Electric Rhythm by Scotti was a fun reality show story. Essentially, you compete in a modern dance competition against others and try to keep the audience on your side/form strong relationships.

Will add more if I can think of any. :video_game:

7 Likes

Has Trials of Suburbia by TORIAH been featured before? It was one of the first community stories I ever read and I think it would be a good fit

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it has because I think that’s how I found it.
Actually… I think one of my stories was on the same shelf :rofl:

I still need to replay this one because I didn’t get into the mean mum’s group lol

1 Like

By the Book by Amberose

Thank you.

5 Likes

No, thank you :pleading_face: Who were you thanking?

2 Likes

@/ezwhitney.writes I think?

2 Likes

H&V: Wild West… It won best creative branching last year for The Epy Awards, so you know, I feel like that’s what the shelf is about haha

5 Likes

All I’m saying is that if By The Book isn’t on this shelf then what is Episode doing? I’ve never read a story on here that truly made you feel like your part of the story then this one. It’s a fun story appropriate for all ages I feel.

5 Likes

Thank you :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

By the Book by @amberose please and ty :partying_face:

Also Clue: Without A Trace by @Problematic_Patrick :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks Jem :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned it already but By the Book by Amberose would be a great fit for this shelf :smirk:

4 Likes

I’ll go on strike if By the Book doesn’t make this shelf.

4 Likes

Okay, that’s quite enough now :rofl: