In The Works: A Shelf For Paranormal Stories

IG Post: here

Episode is asking for stories where the characters have supernatural abilities. What would you recommend for this shelf? Try not to suggest ones that have won contests or already been featured :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

When I think paranormal. I’m thinking spirits, ghost, ouija boards. But, I’m assuming this means fantasy?

I’m not sure if these have been on a shelf, but
Evocation by Sofia
Believe Me by Writtenby.Alex (Not sure if this is discounted, but it fits this shelf.)

2 Likes

Thank you for this thread, again. :raised_hands:t5: It’s nice to have a place I can comment on without the fear of my comment getting drowned on instagram.

Some recommendations off the top of my head:

• American Folklore by Em Sandigo.
  • LOUD and The Frontier by @TheRealKayElle
  • Deus Ex Machina by @episodebard
  • FALLEN & Kings of the Crescent by @astoldby.lg
  • Shroud by Dina D. Quixote

I’ll be coming in to add anymore I remember! :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

Shroud is a yes, even though I’m too scared to read it, it is really good,

3 Likes

American Folklore by Em Sandigo.
LOUD by Kay Elle.
Deus Ex Machina by Livia the Bard.
Kings of the Crescent by LG.
The Deathless by Alvar.

Not entirely sure about whether one of these fits the prompt. It sounds like it just needs to have a supernatural element? But… I don’t understand if it counts when the setting is fantasy.

As always, will add more if they occur to me. :sparkles:

10 Likes

I love these shelf ideas! Most of the stories I can think of were already featured, but I have two favourites that still need that recognition:

Supernatural Desire by JemU776
Subverted by Epithet

5 Likes

Aw I wish EarlGrey was still working on Death’s Game!

But I love @Caitoriri’s Insomnia! My best friend recommended it to me and I’ve read it 3 or 4 times :relieved:

3 Likes

Would this shelf be inclusive of all fantasy-themed stories?

Definitely Subverted by Epithet and Your silhouette by Anya.

4 Likes

GrandSmallDarklingbeetle-size_restricted

3 Likes

I feel like yes, provided characters have some sort of special abilities but idk for sure

1 Like

Whoops, I never commented my own list
Powerfools by Hannalation
Supernatural Desires by JemU776
Out of my Element by Kenya
APPARATION by Mindy Daye
Sidereal by aprilish

3 Likes

giphy
giphy2

2 Likes

Bump :smiley: I think this shelf will be for Halloween now that I think about it

1 Like

Definitely 666 Miles by mysoxlike2party (I think that’s their app name? Their ig is ashadystory)

I read this today and I’m just mad at myself for not reading it before :see_no_evil: I recommend it to everyone and I hope it’ll be featured

2 Likes

Bump :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bump.

Theriomorph by Nodira definitely fits!

1 Like

Bump so that there’s more suggestions in time for Halloween (?) I suspect they want more spooky paranormal stories rather than fantasy ones :eyes:

4 Likes

Well mine can be tried. Tribe of Malapinchi.

2 Likes

Maneater by Kenia is great for this shelf too!

I thought finding stories for this shelf would be way easier but every story I found is either: a contest winner, a story everyone already read or hasn’t been updated since 2018 :pensive:

2 Likes