In The Works: An All Able Shelf

IG post: HERE

Episode is looking for stories that feature characters or are written by authors who are differently abled physically, mentally, developmentally, or who have learning, hearing, visual, or mobility impairments?

So what would you recommend for this shelf? Please don’t debate the requirements on this thread. :pleading_face:

Other shelves currently in the works:

15 Likes

I am an author with a physical disability and my story, All That Remains, features two characters with disabilities!

10 Likes

I’ve just read the first 3 chapters and I’ve gone and recommended this on the IG post. This is your first story? You’ve done a great job!
The two characters- the lady in the wheelchair and the MC? (But you having a physical disability obviously means the story fits anyway.)

6 Likes

Aw, thank you so much!! That honestly means so much to me!
And, yeah, Mali and Lily (MC) both have disabilities in this story :blush:

3 Likes

I have a story, that I’m writing, It’s not yet published but it’s going well.

I don’t have a character with a disability in it however, I have autism.

1 Like

Yeah, I wasn’t sure whether autism would count for the shelf requirements or not, but I thought better to message than to not just in case. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I had reviewed yours a while back and it fits perfectly for this shelf! I hope to see it there :grin:

3 Likes

Six Impossible Things by @MissLMxx & @EmmeAhsain . The main character is deaf and it’s a lovely completed story

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! :blush:

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I think this was featured already on the short stories shelf?

I’m really enjoying it and am looking forward to reading more! It’s also a hidden gem which would be lovely to see on a shelf :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :tired_face: I’m so glad you’re enjoying it!!

Ohh you’re right it was more than a year ago no wonder I didn’t remember :face_with_hand_over_mouth: )

1 Like

I don’t remember if this was already on a shelf but Million Dollar Friend by Luna Rose is a cute story about friends with different intellectual abilities and advocates a lot about inclusivity.

Too bad it got discontinued

Mental disabilities as well?

:heart:

2 Likes

Wait, so does that include people with autism? cause I got told it wouldn’t mean anything. :confused:

I believe so, I wouldn’t be the best person to ask in regards to this but I think that would be OK, too, for this shelf :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Alrighty, I wasn’t sure because someone said that autism would mean nothing when it came to this shelf. They’re the flagged post, I dunno who flagged or why but yeah.

My story is about eating and mental disorders.
Plot : After a traumatizing event, Nadine’s health turned upside down. Can she recuperate after visiting an Eating Recovery Center? It’s up to you. [CC/LL/POINTSYSTEM/CHOICE MATTER]
Episodes : 11
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5251847875788800
My IG : nellyy.epi
You can watch my story trailer here . :blob_hearts:

1 Like