Infinate loop overlay isnt working!

Hi,
My coding doesn’t work for an overlay of a semi-opaque overlay which i’m trying to get to like flash on the screen. The position is correct and the overlay is working, i just wanted to add like a small pause between the opacity of the overlay going from 0 to 1 because it looks like a flashing light sort of thing.
I hope this makes sense.

coding :
&overlay REDLIGHTOV opacity 1 in 0 THEN pause for 0.5 THEN overlay REDLIGHTOV opacity 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times

I’ve seen on the forums already that you can’t use AND so i put THEN instead but it still has the error saying loop command can only be used with overlay animation commands.

Thank you

1 Like

I think the overlay isn’t looping because of the ‘pause’ command you put there, since ‘pause for …’ has nothing to do with overlays. Maybe try making the overlay fade in in 0.5 seconds and see how it looks.

3 Likes

i dont think you can put pause for command in overlay command
instead i have no idea if this will work but u can try you can try this

&overlay REDLIGHTOV opacity 1 in 0 THEN overlay REDLIGHTOV opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay REDLIGHTOV opacity 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times

1 Like

@Jade135 @the.fallen.archangel is correct, pauses cannot be used with a looping command.

2 Likes

i tried this, but the overlay didn’t slowly flash, it just stayed at opacity 1 then whole time.

thank you i tried and it did work! It’s just not the sort of ‘flash’ i wanted so maybe i’ll try increasing and decreasing the number until i find the perfect ‘flash’ but thank youuuuuu!!!

1 Like

Not the most efficient method, but you could also copy and paste your current script many times onto the one line so that it would appear to be “looping.” :full_moon_with_face:

ahhhh yh i could also try that! Thank you!!

1 Like

so if you want it to slowly flash just do this
&overlay REDLIGHTOV opacity 1 in 3 THEN overlay REDLIGHTOV opacity 0 in 3 loop INFINITE times

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.