Infinite’s Writer’s Guide

Hey guys,

New forums, new start right?

I will start by introducing myself, I’m Infinite, none of you probably recognise me as I am using a different name from my old account on the old forums, but maybe my profile pic gives it away🙃

Anyway this is my writer’s guide, so whether you’re a beginner or just looking for some tips you’ve come to the right place. As time goes on I will keep adding tips but for now I will only add a few.

Writer’s Guide:

1. Always have a plan, most of the time new story ideas just pop into our heads, so we begin writing them. But firstly before writing your story plan out what you want your story to include, whether is be a big plot twist or so. This way you can leave little clues along the way that the reader won’t pick up until the end.
  2. Always leave on a cliff hanger. This is especially important for first chapters, as the readers are testing out your story to see if they like it, having suspenseful endings where the readers are wanting to know what will happen will definitely interest them.
  3. Dialogue can create interesting scenes and conflict and resolution between characters, especially in Episode stories there are a lot of dialogue. If there is too much dialogue at the one point then it will bore the reader. To fix this you can break the dialogue up into sections by having a few lines of dialogue then some actions then dialogue, etc. Or you can keep it short and sweet, no need to waffle on.
  4. Having trouble coming up with a storyline? There are many ways to help come up with your story ideas, ask friends or peers for a simple idea and add to it, use story starters, even a story generator. There are so many ways to come up with stories instead of sitting there for hours trying to think of one without success.
  5. A good length for each Episode? Everyone is different, some people prefer short episodes whilst others prefer long ones. A good length is in-between at 1000-1500 lines (of dialogue and narrating). Just remember that at the end of the day you can’t please everyone.
  6. Write because you’re passionate about writing not for reads. The best stories are ones filled with passion and love for writing, if you’re writing for reads the story isn’t as heartfelt and will be like a chore to you.

So that’s all for now lovelies, I will add more each week or so. If you have any questions feel free to comment below.

Infinite x

9 Likes

Random Tip #1
In mind set goals and dates to have your story or chapter completed by. This will help set yourself motivation to complete your story or chapter.

Thanks, this helps a lot! I may not be new to writing on episode but some of these tips I’ve never seen before.

1 Like

Glad to know it helps😁

Do you know if there is a way to give readers gems? Like if the reader clicks on a certain choice, they receive X amount of Gems.

1 Like

Sorry, it has been a while since I have read Episode, so I have no idea :confused:

Topic closed due to one month of inactivity.

1 Like