Information To Help With The Inclusion Of Diverse Characters!

Hi there, I’ve made this thread to help EVERYONE & ANYONE!

This thread was created to help others with adding / including diverse characters to their stories.

I know that different nationalities / races / genders / languages / etc all have things unique about there nationality / race / gender / language / etc…

This thread is designed so that people of different nationalities / races / genders / language / etc can all comment things about them that is often misunderstood / misinterpreted / shown incorrectly / etc…

This is for ANYONE to leave a comment on.

To help, you can either =

• Create some characters / outfits representing your nationality / race / gender / language / etc…

• Comment information about your nationality / race / gender / language / etc…

• Comment information that is often misunderstood / misinterpreted / shown incorrectly / etc…

• Comment clichés related to your nationality / race / gender / language / etc that are either true / false / should be avoided.

• Comment personality traits that should be included / avoided in these diverse characters.

• Comment day to day activities / chores your nationality / race / gender / language / etc does (if any).

• Do anything else you think might help someone when looking to include a diverse character!

PLEASE HELP OUT IF YOU CAN SINCE THIS SORT OF TOPIC OFTEN GETS AUTHORS CONFUSED OR THEY START MAKING MISTAKES, THIS THREAD IS TO PREVENT THAT FROM HAPPENING AND TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS REPRESENTED CORRECTLY

Feel free to tag anyone you know who may be able to offer some help of any sort!

• Internet research will be added as well when I do some (You can comment any research you’ve done as well) (:

Thank you all for your time!

• Megan (:
15 Likes

Feel free to drop any links to other threads who focus on specific languages / nationalities / genders / etc… (:

Links =

4 Likes

If I may…

If you guys are interested in Italian culture and language here’s our thread :spaghetti::it::smile:

4 Likes

Thank u for linking (:

1 Like

Here’s a link to my topic on English characters for if anyone needs it!

Covers things from stereotypes to food :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

omg thank you so much!!!

I love that thread creation (I am also British :blush:)

I agree a lot of stereotypes are made surrounding the British and its strange having to explain to people I meet on hear that we do eat and drink other things other than tea or fish & chips.

It was difficult trying to explain to an American friend of mine that not everyone was a chav/roadman :joy:

1 Like

Ah thank you :blob_hearts:
Ikr, I don’t even like cooked fish (I think my primary school did that to me with their fish Fridays)

1 Like

Oh yeah, Fish Fridays :joy: primary school used to make fish and chips every Friday that the taste of fish started to loose any sense of flavour :rofl:

1 Like

We had fish goujons and sometimes fish fingers but it was awful :joy: I was so happy when they started doing a jacket potato once like every three weeks instead of the fish :joy:

1 Like

Omggg thanks for adding my link! And this post is much needed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

:joy: :rofl:

I got stuck with fish the whole time every Friday since they only ever changed at a special occasion like Christmas dinner :joy:

1 Like

You’re welcome & thank u so much (:

When I was in yr6 they brought in starters on some days and took away the pudding for that day and the only other time I had seen us all so insulted was when they took away everyone’s fav pudding - the magic chocolate pudding with custard :heart_eyes:

1 Like

:joy: :rofl:

OMG the magic chocolate pudding! I remember that, we used to get it with chocolate custard though :joy: and they other days they did a traybake style cake with icing and multi-coloured sprinkles & custard which was labelled ‘Fairy Cake & Custard’ :joy:

1 Like

I think I was in yr2, we had this rice pudding that not a single person would eat. I mean we only had about 119 people in the school but we all hated it so they finally took it off the menu

1 Like

:joy::rofl:

We used to get a main course of Macaroni Cheese but no body ever touched it since it looked like green goop on a plate (If people don’t know, Macaroni is commonly a shade of yellow since it’s pasta & melted cheese) (:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we had some decent pudding, the lunches themselves weren’t always as good though :grimacing:

1 Like

We used to get dinner ladies come round and we had to ask before we were allowed to eat our pudding :roll_eyes: I mean it was good that they were making sure people ate but the food wasn’t always great :nauseated_face:

1 Like

After yr5 I think it was, we had to ask before we could clear our tables to make sure we had eaten enough

1 Like