Ink or Limelight? Which is better?

I definitely prefer Limelight* myself
(Don’t know how I messed that up I only read LL :grimacing:)

3 Likes

IMO, In terms of outfit choices and diversity, LL is better. I too personally love LL.
But I too love INK, especially in comedy stories. I feel the animation in INK are quite cute and hilarious.

5 Likes

Everyone is reading in LL and LL have more features, so better LL

2 Likes

When I started reading there was only Classic so I don’t have the same love for Ink that most people seem to. Prefer LL any day.

4 Likes

I prefer INK because it looks better and has less robotic animations, but it’s discontinued. So it depends, if you prefer more stuff (clothes and animations) go for limelight

4 Likes

Ink is best period😌

I also write my upcoming story in ink

3 Likes

Limelight any day for me, but you should write in whatever style you like best. I do think LL has the benefit of being an ongoing style so more future clothes + facial feature/hair releases.

3 Likes

Hey marisolaurora,

I like both.
So, I always start with INK and do a LL version later… :wink:

2 Likes

I prefer ink but i write in both just to get the best of both worlds. Episode does more updates on LL so that’s why iv’e been using it lately.

2 Likes

I like more LL because it has more diverse options and the guys look MUCH better in LL. In Ink, we only have like 1 pair of monolids for women, now we have more. but we are still missing some for guys. Also there is more variety in skincolors and we can actually make Albino characters. There are more LL animations and they look better.

But for memes, I like ink more, cause it’s hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvP0Ubrtino

2 Likes

Honestly I love all I love classic
But not the male classic skins they scare me lol

My second is limelight
Idk I really love it
3rd is ink
I love ink the styles easy and relaxing if that makes sense

1 Like

I don’t mind either style, but personally, I prefer ink. What style you write your story in should all depend on you! I find it easier to do advanced directing with ink because limelight is too 3D. However, limelight has more options for clothing and customization. It should all depend on you as the writer. Overall, I still prefer ink, but write in whatever style works the best for you and your story!

2 Likes

Limelight has more variety and thus a better tool (in my opinion) . It’s also constantly updating and more things can be added to it. There is nothing wrong with preferring INK though,

While classic is the OG style, it can look quite ugly.

1 Like

If you’re trying to do something with comedy, then Ink is the way to go. The cartoonish looks can make an Episode hilarious! But I wouldn’t recommend using Limelight for comedy. In my opinion, Limelight is too realistic and would rather creep some people out rather making them laugh.

1 Like

I have been reading episode stories since Episode Classic! I actually really liked Ink when it first came out but ever since LL was released, I have been gravitating to stories in that style. I feel like it’s so much more realistic and there’s more choices.

It’s also the first time I’m coding so I don’t have that same struggle as you since I started coding in LL.

That being said, I still really like Ink :slight_smile:

Yeah the males style really creeped me out tbh

I CHOKED

4 Likes

At first, I totally couldn’t stand LL! Weirdly enough, I’ve become quite accustomed to it now, when at first I thought it was bloody impossible! :joy: :joy: I like both styles! Do whichever you feel would suit your preference best. If the author likes the style/feels engaged and can tell their story to the best of their abilities, that’s all that matters! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just want some socks with no shoes! Is that too much to ask?? :joy:

1 Like