Ink or LL + chapter lengths?

Hey guys!
I’ve just Started writing my first story in LL and half way through i was debating on re-doing it in the ink style, since there are some animations and features i wanted to include from ink but i just can’t decide which looks better - so i thought i’d ask for your opinions- Do you prefer reading stories in ink or LL? :thinking:
Also, i’ve heard so many different opinions on chapter lengths and i’m really now sure on how long to make my chapters haha. Do you guys prefer longer or shorter chapters? :white_heart:x

well some people do both but its up to you i personslly like ink better but its up to you :slight_smile:

Heyyy girl I haven’t met anyone with my same opinion but I prefer ink…yes LL is getting updated with new animations and more overlays but I just think ink’s art looks better. Most of ink’s animation is more uh fluid in a way, it’s like the char completes the animation and LL’s animations to me aren’t fluid enough. As for chapter length it all depends on the reader ig. I usually just preview my chapters and see if I like the length, because no matter what length you do there’s always going to be ppl who like it and people who hate it. These are just my opinions tho!! :DDD

Limelight

1 Like

Heyyy!
Yeah i agree, i don’t know what it is but i don’t really like the way the LL characters walk if that makes sense? Like it’s really slow and i don’t know what it is i just am not a fan. Also my story’s MC is a vampire and i’m not sure if the ink version has the vampire bite mark that LL does but i know it has a lot more animations for vampires than the current version of LL so idk🤷‍♀️
About the chapter lengths that’s such good advice, i’ll do that. thank you so much!!! xx

1 Like

Hi! I prefer LL to Ink, it’s my opinion that LL is more realistic than Ink! Gives the reader a better feel of the characters and emotions in LL!
As for chapter lengths, really depends upon the content of the chapter. At times a 1000 line chapter feels longer than a 2000 line chapter! Crazy, right? But I think a 7-12 minute chapter is just fine (roughly 1200-2000 lines without CC). Happy writing!

2 Likes

Yeah i was thinking of eventually doing both if people like my story but yeah, thank you! xx

Yeah, i much prefer the look of the characters in LL, i agree they look so much more realistic. I also prefer the hairstyles and clothes in LL!
Also i know, i’ve read stories where chapters really drag on and are kinda dull and i really don’t want that to be the case with my story haha! but that’s super helpful advice thank you :white_heart:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about your story. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

I will forever be that girl that can never let go of Ink. xD However, that’s just me personally. You can always do both like other authors do.
I love longer chapters! I’ve gotten comments about how my episodes are too long, both good and bad ones. I always like them to be longer though. I think of them as like actual tv episodes, honestly. :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.