Inquiry about Mourning in Judaism

Hi, I have a question about Shloshim (as well as other stages of bereavement). One of my characters recently buried a sibling about 12 days prior to the scene they are in. What would the correct terminology for this be and how would you use it within a sentence? Would it be used within a preposition (i.e: “We are in shloshim,”)? Or would it be more of a noun (i.e: “This is my shloshim,”)? I’ve been searching for the past four hours or so and haven’t found anything solid. Thank you to anyone who can help give me some clarity!

2 Likes

@TalGordin

1 Like

Bump!

If you haven’t already, I recommend reaching out to the author I tagged. I’m pretty certain she has the answers you’re looking for. :relaxed::v:t2:

1 Like

I recommend reaching out to @TalGordin or @shaharPie . Try their Instagrams @writtenbytal and @shahar.episode maybe they are not active on the forums anymore

2 Likes

I’m only partly active, so thanks for tagging me again! I missed the first tag :see_no_evil:

@Ara.Pia I wish I could help, but unfortunately I’m a non-religious Jew (and I believe Shahar is, too?) and I’m not the best source of information. I highly suggest asking @kennedychase, she might have a good answer for you! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for the reference; I’ll ask after class!

1 Like

Bump

Bumpin!

Bee-ump! Still relevant but I’ve come up with a solution in case this doesn’t get answered!

Answered! @Sydney_H may you please close :))

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: