đŸŒș Interactive Directing Quizzes đŸŒș

:hibiscus: Welcome to interactive quizzes, vote on which one you think is the correct option! :hibiscus:

NARR
What’s your favorite halloween costume?

choice (HALLOWEEN)
“Witch”{

}“Devil”{

}“Frakenstein”{

}

Q: What is the name of the choice:

• A. Witch
  • B. HALLOWEEN
  • C. Devil
  • D. Frankenstein

0 voters

Q: Can this happen?

#goto park and choice here, bla bla bla

}“Park”{

label park

#scene in the park

}

• A. True
  • B. False

0 voters

&overlay FOOD AND DRINKS OL create

Q: Something is wrong with with this overlay. You will have to re-upload it without the word:

• A. FOOD
  • B. AND
  • C. DRINKS
  • D. OL

0 voters

Q: Which is the correct statement?

Statement A:

@JOHNNY is idle

JOHNNY
(I love skateboarding.)

choice
“Duh bro
”{

Statement B:

JOHNNY
(I love skateboarding.)

@JOHNNY is idle

choice
“Duh bro
”{

• A. Statement A
  • B. Statement B

0 voters

Marissa is sitting at layer 7. She is sitting behind the table. Q: The table can go at layer

• A. 3
  • B. 5
  • C. -10
  • D. 8

0 voters

Full CC templates consist of many:

• A. goto
  • B. Duplicate labels
  • C. choices
  • D. A and C

0 voters

Jemina is standing 1.280 160 0. In terms of position placement that is:

• A. screen left
  • B. screen center
  • C. screen right
  • D. in a corner somewhere lol
  • E. upscreen left

0 voters

A character’s script name is ANNA however their display name is not visible so we can conclude that the display name is:

• A. ANNA
  • B. ANN
  • C. UNKNOWN
  • D. Blank
  • E. ?

0 voters

A fire’s light is see through and then full. We can conclude the writer utilized:

• A. shifts to
  • B. scales to
  • C. Rotation
  • D. Opacity

0 voters

If you add the overlay with the background name (ex. INT. BACKGROUND with NAME) is it also necessary to add the opacity command (ex. @overlay NAME opacity 1 in 0) in this scene in order to make it visible?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:hibiscus: More quizzes to come! :hibiscus:

7 Likes

Hi there, please don’t swear on this thread :blush:

Edit: I’m unhappy you are not listening : (

gave up half way, im an artist.

Me 2 AND an episode writer of 4 years n still got em wrong😑

That’s OK :laughing: I’m glad you gave it a go :fist_bump: :blob_hearts:

Omg I love this!

1 Like

This was challenging but fun! :blob_sun:

1 Like

@lanafrazer_episode and @writerren thank you for trying it out and also thank you for being respectful on my thread :nerd_face: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

I have a question about Q2

If I’m not interpreting the question wrong,

‘True’ is the correct answer, right? Since we can now add labels inside brackets/branches and goto them.

Edit: feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted anything :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the correct one :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Edit- Actually I change my mind, you can totally link answers explaining why, it allows for more engagement. - JemU776 :heart:

2 Likes

This was fun! :clapping:
Thanks for making this! :heart:

1 Like

No problem :yay: :blob_sun: And Happy Birthday to you :partying_face: :cake1: :tada:

1 Like

Thank you so much :pleading_face:

1 Like

This is really cool!! Thank you!

Bump!

Answers:

1. B. ) HALLOWEEN is the correct option.
  2. A. ) True since labels can go inside of choices now ( Writer's Portal Update: Labels and Branches )
  3. B. ) AND. For some reason, the script will mistake AND as a directing command lol.
  4. A. ) Statement A because you have dialogue before a choice. The other one has no dialogue before a choice so as of now, you will get an error.
  5. D. ) If Marissa is sitting at layer 7 behind the table, the table would be at layer 8 (in front of her). The higher the number the closer to the screen it is (and in front of other overlays & characters at a lower layer). A table at layers 5,3, -10 would be behind her. If you need a refresher on layers: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers
  6. D ). A and C because full CC templates do consist of many choices and goto. You cannot have duplicate labels within a template or even an episode.
  7. B.) screen center. 1.280 160 0 = screen center. Refresher: Tip: Conversion between Main Positions to Spots
  8. D.) It would be blank (so nothing there) (to repeat, for the display name not to show, it would remain blank)
  9. It’s D.) Opacity.
  10. NO. If you add the overlay with the background name, it is already visible (make sure it’s in the correct zone, default is zone 1). You need to add the opacity command if you use the create command though.
1 Like

OK, another question:

Are using gains (ex. gain FOOD) and naming a choice ex = [choice (FOOD)] the only way to remember past choices/events that have occurred? [More detail here: past choices]

• Yes
  • Nope

0 voters

This might be a little tricky or not :joy: Hint: remembering past choices involve if/elif/else.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.