Interested in doing a fan contest?

So I’ve got a couple of ideas for a contest run by us - the fans of Episode, who would be interested in taking part? Also, which of the following two ideas do you think would work best?

1. Rememberance Day is 1 week away and obviously I’m not expecting people to get a story together in that time but I thought to honour the day that it would be nice to do a story about the military. It could be about; the families that are left behind when someone is away serving their country, a group of veterans coming together years later to mark the anniversary of their platoon’s involvement in a major battle or about how a member of the armed forces has to cope with returning to civillian life.

2. I feel like most stories have female main characters, so I thought, what about writing a story you might originally have written for a girl but having a male as the central character. Examples might be: falling in love with a bad girl, adjusting to life at college/university or raising a child on their own.

What do you think of these ideas? Below is a poll that I will leave open for 4 days to see if you like these two ideas or if you don’t feel free to suggest an idea of your own. After that i will open the contest properly if there’s enough interest. How does this all sound?

• Military Contest
  • Male Central Character Contest

0 voters

****** EDIT ******
I’ve decided that after the poll ends on Friday that I’m going to have the closing date be 6pm UK time on 31st January 2020 by which time you must have the first 3 chapters uploaded. Hope that’s ok as i know some people may have exams. I think 12 weeks should be plenty of time :blush::blush::blush::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you @EmmaZedler for being the first person to take part in the poll apart from me, I was worried people wouldn’t? Please spread the word about this, I want to try and get as many people as possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Like i said above, Please can you all spread the word? It would mean so much to me :blush::heart::pray:

@OreoBiscuit @Danielle318 @Krystal.episode @Organa @Yuke @Summi @Gabie1

2 Likes

I think 6 weeks is not enough time to create 3 chapters. Also a lot of us have exams in that period.

2 Likes

Okay, what if i say New Year’s Day as the day for submissions to be in, that’s just under 8 weeks? If you have any other suggestions though, I’m happy to hear them?

3 Likes

I would personally start after New Year.

1 Like

My birthday is 10th January, i could make that the end of the contest, that’s 9 weeks from friday and about as long as an official contest isn’t it?

2 Likes

I don’t know, but it would be really hard for me to enter. I think it’s better if you also know other persons thoughts.

1 Like

I can not take apart cause i already have a story that needs to be worked on.

2 Likes

Yeah, me too

2 Likes

Could you guys spread the word though please, i think its possible to do in the time frame for some people?

1 Like

Personally I can’t pick between them as they both sound great!
Two or three months would probably be enough, it kinda depends if they have a set story in mind, plot all worked out, or if it’s just all at once

3 Likes

Sounds interesting but i really can’t join
Time frame is very short and kind of have my own story to work on
How do i spread the word though?

1 Like

What sort of time frame do you think you’d need? And you can spread the news by contacting anyone you know that does episode, or if you have an episode linked instagram account which I have or basically any other way that you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, so what if I wait until friday, to see how much interest I get on the poll and then I could say maybe for all contest entries to be in by the end of january, I know that some people have exams coming up so I think end of january should be ok shouldn’t it? That’s like 11 weeks or something.

2 Likes

That sounds reasonable time wise, I might join but I don’t know because I tend to take forever in forming a plot I like :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Well the contest wouldn’t open until friday when the poll closes, consider that some time to come up with some ideas :blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

I’ll join…
It sound interesting

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll open the contest properly Friday evening just after 6pm UK time :blush:

2 Likes

I am sorry but I can’t join either way, I don’t have enough time to code everything but if anyone wants help with there like coming up with ideas I could do that.

I am adding a “Male MC” of sorts into my story as well as some military aspects, I don’t think my story will fit here. So good luck, anyway in my story I am currently writing so that I have a male MC(not an MC at the beginning but he edges in there more and more), he is a transgender guy(started as a female) and he ends up becoming a doctor then falling in love with my MC after a deadly explosion happens. And the father of my MC used to work in the military and her younger brother was training too. So…anyway…good luck with the contest.

1 Like