Into tips/Coding help, what makes a story interesting to you?

• Have an interesting plot - Don’t have a plot that goes ‘innocent girl falls for bad boy’ but then again, it’s all up to you! But make sure to have a plot that makes readers want to keep reading the story.

• Plot twists!! - Don’t end an episode with the note on where reader can guess what’s gonna happen in the next episode. Have a plot twist that’ll make the reader go ‘What?!’

• Advanced directing! - It’s totally okay if you are still learning around the code because everyone struggles a bit at the beginning but if you want the story to be eye-catching it’s important that you have advanced directing such as zooms and spot directing (not only stage right, left and center. I meant spot directing that looks realistic.) Add please add background characters! If you are struggling with directing and codes, @/JosephEvans youtube videos are super helpful! And as well as @/Dara.Amarie’s templates and directing help.

• Don’t use lot of transitions - A lot of ppl mentioned that slow transitions make them lose the interest in the story. So be aware not use long transitions.

• Give all your characters a personality.

• If you are doing a story that contains sensitive topics (Drug use, self harm, eating disorders etc.) please do your research!

• Add diversity to your story. - Have characters of different ethnicities, religions etc.

These are just my thoughts on what should be included in a story to keep the readers engaged.
I’ll link some threads below that’ll also be helpful to write a story.

Note: If you are in need of backgrounds and overlays, there are many editors/artists that offer free backgrounds and overlays

All the best for your story! :heart: :sparkles:

Story Guide + Tutorial Threads

Backgrounds and Overlay Threads

6 Likes