Intro transition help

so i am trying to do a transition intro like how you use your overlays and transition them? i just dont know how! could anyone help me with this?

Wdym transition overlays? Do you have any examples?

1 Like

like text overlays

like this im trying to make it go in and out of the screen (what ever it is called) im a noob at directing… sorry if i’m being a bit confusing!

Oh, so you would create the overlay, and put in off screen at first, then using the spot director, move them to where you want, and at the end of the shifts command, you put in # as in # is how many seconds you want the animation to happen, you can also use easing functions, if you’d like, I can show you one of my examples!

1 Like

ok! and that would be very helpful!

So, as you can see, with the blue I’ve circled where I put the overlays off screen, aka the side you will want them to come in from, with red, you can see they shift to the positions I want, i used easing commands for a smoother look!
Lol I’m bad at explaining stuff! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

thats alot of coding! i’ll give it a shot and i will get back to you!!! and dont worry im bad at explaining too

1 Like

Okie dokie, tell me how it goes!

1 Like

will do!

1 Like

yh i dont know about this :joy: :skull: do you know anyone who could make me an animated intro? (i just figured out thats what it is called)

Well, I can make you one. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

That would be awesome! What do you need?

Okie, give me the overlays and tell me what you want to have going on there!

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply @AnnSza !
Title

I want this one to slide in from the left to screen center

And this a tiny bit smaller than the title and it comes in from the right to below the title

Okay, do they appear at the same time?

1 Like

the title comes in from the left and my name come in from the left

It’s 3am here currently. :sweat_smile: I’ll do it 1st thing tomorrow!

1 Like

ok thank you!!!

1 Like

Really? Both from the left side?

Well, I made one here, I suggest playing around with the easing commands to see what works best for you!

@overlay DEAD ROSES create and overlay DEAD ROSES opacity 1 and overlay ALICIABOO create and overlay ALICIABOO opacity 1 and overlay DEAD ROSES shifts to -350 163 in zone 1 and overlay DEAD ROSES scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay DEAD ROSES moves to layer 1 and overlay ALICIABOO shifts to 213 93 in zone 1 and overlay ALICIABOO scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay ALICIABOO moves to layer 2 THEN pause for a beat THEN overlay DEAD ROSES shifts to -74 163 in zone 1 in 0.5 using easebackinout and overlay DEAD ROSES scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay DEAD ROSES moves to layer 1 THEN overlay ALICIABOO shifts to -69 93 in zone 1 in 0.5 using easeout and overlay ALICIABOO scales to 1.000 1.000 and overlay ALICIABOO moves to layer 2

1 Like