Introvert Or Extrovert?

Introvert 100% :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Actually, as an introvert myself, you got the description wrong.

What you described here is shyness or being reserved, not introversion.

The difference between introverts and extroverts is the way that they ā€œrechargeā€ their energy. While introverts find it draining when exposed to social life for too long or in a too intensive way, extroverts are the opposite and find it exhausting being alone for too long.

Introverts naturally crave their alone time, while extroverts crave social life. They will pretty much never do the opposite, however itā€™s a stereotyped way to think that all extroverts are party animals and all introverts are shy loners. In fact, introverts can enjoy friends/acquaintances/strangers company - and even parties - and extroverts can enjoy more quieter moments for themselves. Introverts can seem friendly and open, while extroverts can look like they might want to have a moment alone.

Just because an introvert sometimes displays typically extroverts behaviors (and vice versa) doesnā€™t mean that theyā€™re extrovert or even ambivert. Itā€™s all about the way you recharge your batteries and what you find mentally exhausting in terms of social life.

That said, Iā€™m an introvert :blush:

4 Likes

I was about to explain this as well but you beat me to it haha. Thank you for this!!

2 Likes

And Iā€™m an extrovert btw, an ESFP to be exact :wink:
And hell yeah I feel drained when I donā€™t interact with people for a long time

1 Like

Hahaha I didnā€™t mean to! But yeahā€¦ I just needed people to know that not all introverts are necessarily shy. Itā€™s just a trait we can show, thatā€™s all :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The traits of extraversion (or extroversion) and introversion are a central dimension in some human personality theories. The terms introversion and extraversion were popularized by Carl Jung, although both the popular understanding and psychological usage differ from his original intent. Extraversion tends to be manifested in outgoing, talkative, energetic behavior, whereas introversion is manifested in more reserved and solitary behavior. Rather than focusing on interpersonal behavior, however, Jung defined introversion as an ā€œattitude-type characterised by orientation in life through subjective psychic contentsā€, and extraversion as ā€œan attitude-type characterised by concentration of interest on the external objectā€.

ambivert is a person whose personality has a balance of extrovert and introvert features

I just find it confusing and easy to stereotype honestly. I donā€™t feel included in either popular definition and I know Iā€™m not an ambivert :i_dunno:

Iā€™m an introvert, which means that I need to be alone from time to time. However take this quarantine period for example, contrary to most people Iā€™m not going crazy while being confined at home, but I do miss my friends and boyfriend and wish to see them soon. I miss going to uni and being around people.

I just donā€™t like being exposed to people for too long I guess, if that makes sense :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Using energy to talk about a psychological topic is (true to some including me) but to really hit on what it is without adding a belief system (not everyone believes in energy and being drained in that way)ā€¦. it is just attitude type of characteristics.

Iā€™m definitely an introvert in real life. Not so much on forums or social media though.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not a matter of adding a belief systemā€¦ the energy I was talking about is certainly not spiritual, rather mental. Mental and physical energy is part of everyday life, whether you believe it or not. If you are physically tired you might want to lay down or go to sleep. If youā€™re an introvert whoā€™s mentally tired youā€™d want to be alone for a while. A mentally tired extrovert would crave social interactions.

I donā€™t see where the belief part is in this, Iā€™m confused :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The term ā€œenergyā€ is used by writers and practitioners of various esoteric forms of spirituality and alternative medicine to refer to a variety of claimed experiences and phenomena that defy measurement and thus can be distinguished from the scientific form of energy. There is no scientific evidence for the existence of such energy and scientists and educators criticize the use of the term ā€œenergyā€ to describe the ideas as the promulgation of a misconception.

Okay, Iā€™m sorry if I offended anyone with the term ā€˜energyā€™. Iā€™m no expert and honestly didnā€™t know what other term to use. Given the topic I assumed everyone would know what I meant and was talking about when I used that word.

Though feeling mentally tired and recharged is a thing as much as being physically tired and recharged is.

1 Like

I agree with you and all. But this is above all a human personality" theory"ā€¦ so if it doesnā€™t fit your description of who you are, I deeply encourage you to look elsewhere for who you think you are as a person and see if other things work better for you. Things that work for one person may not work for all and that is okay. Find your own path and be your own person (find out who you are) and once again what works for you. You seem to have a different view on it so you should find out what your view pin points to so you can better describe yourself as a person! I love you x x x and UNDERSTAND

Do you look outside, to people, projects, actions, and ideas?? Or do you look inside to inner ideas, impressions, memories, logical principles, or subjective values? Are you more happy engaging in the outer world or the inner world? You can be a shy extrovert, a quiet extrovert, a loud extrovert, a deep-thinking extrovert, or a gregarious extrovert. You can be a shy introvert, a loud introvert, a confident introvert, or a friendly introvert. All that matters is where you look first; to the outer or inner WORLD
So just as there isnā€™t one type of introvert, there isnā€™t one type of extrovert. Many of us when considering extroversion think of the most outgoing, talkative, ā€œpeople personā€ we know. When we donā€™t match up with that person we automatically assume weā€™re an introvert, when really that has nothing to do with it. Iā€™ve met some very quiet, thoughtful, deep extroverts. Iā€™ve met quiet, thoughtful, deep introverts. Itā€™s all about where you put your PASSION in first and where you focus most of your attention

Extrovert here!

1 Like

Extrovert!

1 Like

Extrovert when Iā€™m around people, but mostly an introvert at home.

1 Like

Introvert :slight_smile:

1 Like

Introvert :blush:

1 Like