Irish Characters? (Tips and Advice)

I wanted to make my MC of Irish decent, is there any stereotypes I should avoid?

Also, someone should really educate me with growing up Irish because I want my MC to really embrace her culture.

1 Like

(I’m not Irish, but I do know this fact.) I think this one should be self-explanatory, but not all Irish people have red hair. In fact, red hair is a rare hair color to have. It’s most common to have red hair in Ireland, but you’ll likely see more dark brown hair. Also, green eyes are a rare eye color.

2 Likes

I’m not Irish, but I know that the Republic of Ireland tends to be Catholic, whereas Northern Ireland is more Protestant.

Pubs! Pubs are delicious, but this does not mean the Irish character loves drinking. Seriously, though Irish pubs are great.

I imagine they might have a love-hate relationship with the English. Again, I’m not Irish, but it would be my guess based on what I know about Irish history.

Irish bands/artists I can name: The Cranberries, The Script, Hozier, U2

Ireland today is part of the EU, and their currency is the Euro. They drive on the left side of the road.

When I think of Irish stereotypes, the first one that pops into my head is that they are all drunk on beer/whiskey. And potatoes. (Not drunk on potatoes, but that they always eat potatoes.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.