Is adding a scene before CC a good idea?

In a story, do you prefer customizing yourself first thing, or having a scene first and then customization?

• Scene first, always
  • CC first, always
  • Only do a scene if the MC isn’t in it

0 voters

3 Likes

I’m not sure which option to pick because I have mixed views. I don’t mind a scene without the MC, and then when you meet the MC, you can pick the way you want them to look. It depends on the way you want your story to go tbh

6 Likes

A scene would be nice then the CC.

1 Like

I agree. Everyone can start off their story how they want it.

2 Likes

Well, I’m asking peoples’ preferences.

3 Likes

Yeah, cause it’s always weird to me when I have to play as an uncustomized MC for just part of the chapter

3 Likes

Yeah, that part kinda doesn’t make sense. If you’re doing a scene with your character, you should have customisations to make the story consistent. If you have a scene without your MC, you don’t need to do it straight away.

5 Likes

Right, cause I’m thinking a scene before CC time is a good way to not bore the heck out of the reader, cause it’s gonna have naming, CC (just for the MC), and maybe a few questions, and nothing bores readers like that according to my research.

3 Likes

sounds good! :+1:

2 Likes

Every thread I see people are like “man, I hate cracking open a fresh episode just to cc” I’m paraphrasing but you know what I mean

3 Likes

yeah, I get that! It depends on a person. A lot of people don’t like opening the first episode that is just CC and CC only, or right after CC, the plot seems drab. Personally, I don’t mind CC in the beginning, as long as the plot the follows is super interesting and keeps me engaged.

2 Likes

Yeah I like doing CC cause I’m weird but nobody else seems to genuinely enjoy it. And I’m planning a story where the MC gets captured by aliens, so I was thinking of doing a clip that’s on the alien ship before the story starts so it’s like on the ship and then it’s like [A WEEK EARLIER] and then it starts up normally and customization n stuff

3 Likes

That would be really interesting! And it gets the readers interested in your story straight away!!

3 Likes

That would be A. W. E. S. O. M.E!!!

2 Likes

That’s what I thought! It’s sorta like for writing essays, you got your attention getter, and then you get to the point.

2 Likes

Thanks, I thought it was a pretty good idea.

2 Likes

I have Just re-read that and I sounded like a total not nerd… Gic? Well i don’t know but what ever it is i’ll admit am it :joy:

Yes it really was… You are a genious or that’s what i think

Ok, it’s gonna be a while before I get started on the story, so I’ll write that down so I remember to do it

1 Like

My views are a little mixed, but I think I’d prefer a scene first, even if the MC has to be in the scene (but if the MC is in the scene, it should be a little short). I’d feel a little better if the author proved to me that they’re writing a story that I’m going to like before I spend 5 minutes deciding which hairstyle and code name I’m going to go with this time. It just starts off on a better foot, gives me a little taste, piques my interest. :+1:

2 Likes