Is anybody else experiencing a weird glitch on the preview?

Here’s my script

@SCARLET enters from left to spot 1.280 117 -20 AND SCARLET is walk_exhausted THEN SCARLET is idle_exhausted

But, for some reason when the other character in the scene begins to speak, she just turns and exits left.

There’s no way for her to actually exit, as the next line is dialogue for a character on the same screen…

So, is this a glitch or am I missing some coding somewhere? Help.

Maybe just put @SCARLET is idle_exhausted afterwards, instead of using THEN. It’ll still progress properly.
But if you didn’t mention anyone leaving, then maybe it is a glitch. I’m unsure :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe try “does it while walk_exhausted” instead of “is walk_exhausted”?

I tried both of these and she still just turns around and exits. I even tested it on the web previewer AND the app previewer and she still just exits? Like, I don’t understand what’s happening and it’s crucial that I have her in this scene. I would rather her walk in, but I guess I could start the scene off with them both standing there for now.

Try this:

@SCARLET enters from left to spot 1.280 117 -20 AND SCARLET does it while walk_exhausted

@SCARLET is idle_exhausted

Hope that helped :two_hearts:

I know I sound useless but that’s what I changed the script to last night before bed. It still didn’t work, I assume it was just the website glitching so I was going to try it again today, and I just opened the writer portal and it’s STILL doing the same thing. I changed it to where she just started the scene standing in her spot position, so I wouldn’t have to worry with walking (I guessed maybe that was the problem) and shes STILL turning around and walking off whenever the other character starts talking. I just don’t understand. Here’s my script currently.

EXT. CAFE - DAY

&LEIA spot 1.280 242 -20 AND LEIA faces left AND LEIA is idle_phone_hold

&SCARLET spot 1.280 118 -20 AND SCARLET faces right AND SCARLET is idle_exhausted

LEIA (talk_gossip)
Well? How did that go?

Once Leia says anything, Scarlet just turns around and walks away and then when she speaks right after Leia, she pops up right in front of her and faces left, and I just don’t get it? Like, this is holding me up majorly on releasing a chapter and I just am super frustrated.

1 Like

Try starting of with a @

If that doesn’t work, the best answer would probably be to make them both enter the screen, so they don’t just pop on.

1 Like

whenever I preview it doesn’t even load half of the time

Are you using Google? If not, try using that, it could also be a internet error, try closing all of your tabs, and reloading the page, and if that doesn’t work try turning your WiFi off and then back on.

Hope that helped :two_hearts:

yeah, I use Google and it still has that problem, although when I was using Samsung the outfit portal did the same thing…

Okay, see the web previewer always acts weird and when I use the app on my phone it’s usually fixed but for some reason it isn’t working on either this time and I’m getting so frustrated because this is my first story, and it’s the first time I’m using advanced directing and zooms.

I know a lot of authors don’t have great directing in their first story, or the first few chapters of it and it’s all fairly simple but I don’t want to do that and I’m getting so frustrated to the point of giving up.

I’m actually using firefox because it remembers my passwords for me and google doesn’t haha. I’m trying a few different things right now and if they don’t work then I honestly don’t even know what to do other than just give up and I really dont want to give up.

same, I have about 8 unpublished stories bc the coding is just. yeah

Try exiting off all your tabs, turning your WiFi off and then back on, and reloading the page. It could also be if your laptop has too much space taken up it can cause it to make errors.

ah okay thanks

1 Like

serenityanne.episode
1m
Try exiting off all your tabs, turning your WiFi off and then back on, and reloading the page. It could also be if your laptop has too much space taken up it can cause it to make errors.

Okay, you guys… I’ve tried turning the WiFi off, I’ve even restarted my laptop, but it STILL ISN’T WORKING.

I know I sound like a big ole cry baby, but I don’t know what to do anymore. Is there a way someone could preview it for me? Up until that point? And see if they’re getting the same glitch? I don’t have the slightest idea of what to do. I even added Scarlet standing in the same spot under a completely different line.

I just don’t know what to do and I refuse to give up, I’ve got cover art made, I’ve got an insta made, and I have got to finish this story, or at least publish it. I need help. :frowning:

Here’s the newest few lines of coding, and it still isn’t working. I’m so sorry to keep bother you guys.

EXT. CAFE - DAY

&LEIA spot 1.280 242 -20 AND LEIA faces left AND LEIA is idle_phone_hold

@SCARLET enters from left to spot 1.280 118 -20 AND SCARLET faces right THEN SCARLET is idle_exhausted

@SCARLET spot 1.280 118 -20 AND SCARLET is eyeroll

No clue what’s going on, even used different web browsers.

Is this something that I should file a support ticket with or is there a way to get this fixed? It’s preventing me from even going forward.

Maybe Scarlett and Leia got in a fight and don’t want to talk to each other…

More realistically, make sure Scarlett isn’t in a spot that is offscreen. Try redoing the coordinates?

Scarlet is actually leaving an intense conversation and is meeting up with Leia afterwards, Leia is her best friend and they are about to discuss what just happened in the meeting Scarlet just left. I’m literally at a loss for what to do.