Is CC a must for you? Is it necessary for you?

Sometimes CC interferes with the plot and story line, some times it doesn’t. Especially with detailed stories. Are you ok with playing a character you didn’t make? Why or why not?

• Yes, im cool with it.
  • Heck no.

0 voters

3 Likes

I honestly prefer either no or limited CC. If there’s full CC I don’t usually change much unless they have the male straight narrow nose g-d I hate that feature. Both because in the types of stories I read I like to see how the author envisions the character as it usually relates to their characterization and because it’s easier & im lazy lol.

Sometimes I completely change the characters looks, but I’ve gotten out of the habit of doing it regularly.

10 Likes

When I first started playing episode without writing, I used to only play stories with CC because It was like a dress up game to me. I would exit out of a story if it didn’t have CC. Sometimes i would even dress up my character and then exit out of the story. There was only two stories I fully read that didn’t have customization. But after writing a story i realized that it can be too much work putting CC in.

2 Likes

I agree, some features may be aggravating a lil. And yes its a lil eye opener to see the MC’s life and unique personality.

Thank for responding! :heart:

2 Likes

True, it seems like cc is everywhere and we can get used to it. But after going through what the author does to code it there you/I appreciate it more

Thanks for responding! :heart:

1 Like

When I was in middle school, I used to hate no CC. But now that I’m older, I don’t really care. I would like to customize IF they allow me to include my name. It’s weird playing a MC character that has your name but doesn’t look like you. I prefer no CC stories only because it’s more simple and sometimes I’m just too lazy to customize.

4 Likes

When I was younger I realized that my cc character is not like what the author coded but that makes us/I realized cc isnt really that important. And trust me…im lazyyyyy too

Thanks for responding! :heart:

1 Like

of course<3

1 Like

I am fine. but if no cc i am expecting art scenes, body overlays. that family to match in looks. and MCs look will be mention,

also that the hair style change. like in a fitting way. like MC has bangs, then use the diffrent bangs harstyles for the charatere.

2 Likes

I get you for example in my story only hair, clothes, and makeup is customizable.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more, I like reading the story how the author imagined it to be, characters and all

2 Likes

Okay okay, I use to create stories with no CC but I hated to read stories that didn’t have any (I know how stupid that sounds) I was an idiot back then. But now I began to actually like stories with no CC, and I am currently writing story that does include Limited CC because CC or Limited CC attracts readers more but I think we should learn to accept non CC stories

Note: I think I said CC too many times :joy:

3 Likes

Lollllll
:heart:

1 Like

I agree. Thats how it is in actual books why not in episode.

I like to have the option to CC. There are certain features I’ll always change given the chance, like the male generic nose. Or sometimes I’ll change the emerald eye color to hazel dark, because I’ve truly never seen anyone with that emerald eye color in real life, and I find it a bit distracting.

Or sometimes there will be two characters (usually male) that share several of the same features, most often lips (medium heart), eyes (narrow almond deep sunken), and face shape (chiseled square stubble shaved), sometimes nose as well. The main distinguishing feature will be the hair style/color (one of which is always medium side curls). I might make them more easily distinguishable from one another. I actually like all of those features, but when a story has two LIs and they both share all of them, it’s a bit uncanny.

Usually I try to keep the characters close to the author’s original intent, unless it’s clear that it’s a sort of blank slate character, or if the author starts with my imported profile avatar.

5 Likes

I don’t like cc, what’s the point of customising the mc to look like me if we don’t have the same personality? I usually give mc a random name if I’m asked anyway

1 Like

I know right? Emerald eyes are so weird but everyone’s using them

2 Likes

I’m probably going against the grain here but I like having CC in stories. I find it helps to immerse me in the world the author is trying to show me.
I can do without of course, but I’ll be expecting a lot more on behalf of the author in terms of story to draw me in.

3 Likes

I don’t mind CC, but it sometimes becomes long and drawn out if its customizing character after character. How can authors make CC interesting?

It depends on the story and characters. I personally don’t really like full CC. It takes too much away from the characters and I feel like the characters should mean something to the authors just as they do to the readers. But the one thing I do not like is us choosing our names. I have a hard time choosing one :confounded: