Is CC necessary?

Does CC really make your story better? For my story I decided not to use CC. I made the caracters like that for a reason. People always say it makes your story more fun, but is it really necessary? Let me know.

8 Likes

It is not necessary, but it is better if you let the readers customize who they will be playing. In my opinion, I like it more when there is CC, but it is also okay if there is not.

Good luck on your story! :heart:

2 Likes

From what I heard, not adding CC is a deal breaker from a good portion of readers. Maybe make the CC template very restricted? Or give your readers your perspective on why there shouldn’t be any. I used to never read a story without full/limited cc but ive changed my mind and I don’t care anymore tbh. Although, its nice to change up their nose and eyebrow color every once in a while…

3 Likes

I agree that many people don’t like playing a story that doesn’t have CC.
But if your characters’ looks are an integral part of the story, then don’t feel obliged to put CC, just for the sake of what readers would prefer.
At the end of the day, there will be readers who will read and love your story because it’s uniquely yours.
(Still totally up to you, since the story is your baby :hugs:)

2 Likes

I personally think that’s up for the author. But, I don’t have any problem if there isn’t customization, We’re playing as other character not as ours. :blush:
Right now, I’m writing my first story and I’ll add limited customization. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Yes, I understand that, sometimes I like it too. But in my story, the look I gave them is quite important. I also make some art scenes and overlays that won’t match otherwise.

Okay, You can either not have CC, or have a disclaimer that art scenes and plots are related to the original customization. I’ve read a few stories like that.

2 Likes

I’ve seen stories where they still let you customize the characters and they just mention before hand that if they do they won’t match overlays and art scenes. This way it still lets the reader change the look of they want to or not. But it is completely up to you. :blush: good luck

2 Likes

@Honey_bae @Lostinthestory That sounds like a good idea. I will think about it! Thanks

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. But I understand that people would also want CC so maybe I’ll do limited. Thank you! You’re really sweet :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

tbh I don’t care, just don’t make them ugly hehe

1 Like

As for me it doesn’t have to be cc, but then I want it to be make up, hairstyle and hair color from time to time.
That way I can get into the story and feel like I am the MC.

1 Like

And what if there are several main characters?

How many? If 2 then give those option to both.

I don’t mind if there’s no CC, especially if the character’s original looks are important to the story. However I know a lot of people prefer CC, so maybe include really limited CC like only hairstyle, eye shape, nose shape, lip shape etc. However this is your story so you should choose what’s best for it :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll think about it :blush:

1 Like

Well I like when the character you are playing, you get to name and customize, and the rest of the characters are made as the writer sees them, the way it fits their personality, so long as you, who get to pick your own personality from the few choices that you get, don’t have to pick a personality that you think doesn’t fit the way your character looks. Just saying …

Also If you’re gonna allow CC in your story, then stick to the possibility of somebody making a very different character than you originally thought. For instance, I was once playing a story where the MC is a rich girl who only gets inheritance if she goes to a normal school or something like it, a fish out of the water story and so on, but it was pretty obvious from the get-go that the writer saw the MC as a white blonde femme-fatale. I’m not complaining about the character because she was done pretty well, but I made her black and with dark hair (becuase I thought she was soo beautiful with dark dark skin, dark hair and brown eyes at least a little lighter than the skin so they are noticable and gorgeous) but in one scene a character said “I won’t have this blonde bimbo telling me what to do” or something like it. If you can’t see your character as anything but a blonde then you should’ve reduced the hair colour options only to involve blonde options.

Well I have several main characters too, and you get to switch between the characters (Not like the GTA 5 where you can change to another MC whenever you like, but more like “Now you are playing as …” to get the part of the story they wouldn’t tell you, or to get their perpective)

And I only allowed CC one one character … The one you play from the start not the ones you can change into …

You have a good point, but my story doesn’t really have 1 MC but 3 characters you see the life of. All three have POV at points in the story. Yes it is sometimes more about 1 person than the others but it is not really with 1 MC

1 Like