Is Chain Reaction actually good?

Hey Episodians! I was thinking of reading Chain Reaction by Miss MJ. This story is really popular so I thought it would be good but then I realised it was about bad boys and mafia gang leaders so… I’m just wondering, what’s everyone opinion on it? I’m also thinking of reading It’s just an Illusion by the same author. Is that a worthy read?

15 Likes

people have diffrent opinions. I dont really like it, its a clichi mafia story

I liked its just and iilusion. but its not one I am going around recomanding

12 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

The thing for me is I ain’t interested in story’s about bad boys or nun of that stuff. So I haven’t read it💀

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m not interested in stories like that either but I thought I’d give it a try but I may not like it.

2 Likes

The thing is I’m not even rlly interested in romance itself💀 so I just write about it. Since romance is popular

2 Likes

If it’s rlly good though I’ll read it.

I think its worthy to read because its an original mafia story like the very first popular ones so it should be interesting to read. I like it because it nostalgic to me.

5 Likes

I’m not either honestly. I don’t even write romance. I write mostly comedy, drama and mystery stories and there’s always a part where it doesn’t make sense because I’m crazy like that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Honestly didn’t think it was that great nearly every story in the series is the exact same plot. Probably worth a read as it is the first story that brought sexy gang leader treating LI like shit.

But it’s once you read one you read the entire series all the exact same plot.

7 Likes

This is so accurate :laughing: I’ve (unfortunately) read all 3 of the Chain Reactions and one of the IJAI and they’re all basically the same plot. You read one of them you read them all

5 Likes

Although it is popular among many readers, I personally find it a cliche mafia story that romanticizes toxic behaviors and relationships. It is boring and overdone. I’m only speaking from the first few chapters I have personally read and from episode play throughs on YouTube.

12 Likes

I don’t like any of the Chain Reaction stories. In my opinion it doesn’t leave a specific imprint on your mind, it’s very shady and literally re-uses the same characteristics for a mafia gang leader: black leather jacket, cold towards girls but likes screwing girls, smokes a lot, tattoo, sarcasm, ruthlessness, often jealous when the MC interacts with other guys…ring a bell?

14 Likes

I’ve actually just finished the first one and I just can’t see why it’s so popular. The mc is just so selfish, ignorant and dumb that I spent half the time reading it laughing at her foolishness😂 honestly, I’d rather read deep attraction

10 Likes

I loved both of them! They are pretty old stories, and were pretty popular too (I think chain reaction is what started the mafia trend :joy:)

3 Likes

I think I may have finished it two years ago. The way he talked to his wife really bugged me. It’s a decent story if you want to read a mafia story. It didn’t really have a storyline.

5 Likes

I think it’s pretty toxic. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, I agree! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss of time. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes