Is Chain Reaction worth reading?

I have seen a lot of people loving chain reaction and there are people who doesn’t like it or has no interest in finishing the series.

What are your thoughts about it? And should I read it?

(My type of books are mysteries with no/barely romance scenes, I’m not sure if chain reaction have any of that.)

I personally haven’t read the story, but there two threads on it which might be better able to help than I

Try that and it’s just an illusion they are good books besides the whole they still have like gangs and stuff like other stories but besides that they are good

Chain Reaction was my first story I read on episode… I think :thinking: it’s been a while, but anyway I personally loved it. After reading it I can’t read other gangster stories because it feels like a remake. I guess it depends on whether or not you’ve read those types of stories before. If you haven’t then I think you’d enjoy it.

I personally Love chain reaction but if you want mystery and barely no romance than it’s probably not the right story for you.

Depends on what you like… If you like gang stories, then you’ll love it but if you’re against gang stories or hate cliches, then I don’t suggest reading it.

Me too. I can’t read other gangster stories😁

It’s worth reading!!!

Honestly I think it’s insanely overrated. Miss MJ is indeed talented and really good at story-telling, but the story itself is not a big deal. Since you prefer mysteries with no romance I have to add it’s all about the “falling in love with the gang leader” trope, so it’s rather action-oriented and often quite predictible. Also, if you read the first part of the series, you’ve read it all…

I personally love it but I’m a fan of Romance. There are a lot of Romance scenes in the Chain Reaction and IJAI series but there are also really interesting plot points with action. If you don’t like romance though it’s not for you.

I am a die hard CR fan.
One of the few stories I could actually conenct to (not relate too)
When Trey died, I cried for about four hours.
I’m also a die hard Riccardo Fan
Miss Mj is honestly a really talented author and oh have to give her books a try. :kissing_heart:

Not exactly @Annieways
Things happen that you don’t expect to happen. Like in IJAI, 1-3 things happen that you don’t expect. :upside_down_face: The It’s Just an Illusion series are my favorite because of many reasons, and if you don’t have that much of an interest to CR, read IJAI :blush:

I’ve read the first 10-15 episodes of It’s Just an Illusion but it was not my thing. I’m not saying I expected everything I saw in the plot, but many things were predictable to me. I also disliked both main characters, so I couldn’t continue reading it. If I have to choose, I prefer Chain Reaction.

@annieways don’t give up!
You don’t even have to finish the first IJAI, but read the second, for my sake!
Riccardo is the hottest guy you’ll find! After Trey.

Okay, maybe I will check it out. However I’m not particularly interested in hot characters, but in interesting personalities :slightly_smiling_face: I liked Theo from CR2 the most.

I like the stories and I’ve read them all. Miss MJ is a good author but the stories are kind of cliché and predictable. Also, I think they’re being dragged out a bit.
I really like the first It’s just an Illusion story though, that’s the best one.

I found some parts of Chain Reaction, funny, sad, lively etc, I would definitely recommend Chain Reaction

I started to read Chain Reaction, but when it got to the part with Theo, I stopped reading it.

Although it’s a good book it has romance and not really any mystery. If cliches and bad boys don’t bother you its worth a read but if so maybe not.