Is cursing allowed?

As many stories do, characters have to say a swear word or two. I’ve read tones of stories with frequent cursing but recently, one of the authors stated she had to edit her whole story and censor all curse words because they weren’t allowed. I need to clarify- are we allowed uncensored cursing in stories? And to what extent is something considered a swear word? (like on the scale of ‘hell’ to ‘f*ck’, for example.)

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

If you put warnings, Your probably free to use any curse word, if there isn’t, then yeah you have to censor. In My opinion, Hell isn’t much of a bad word like damn. The biggest and probably baddest that you automatically need to censor with warning or not is S*x, and other really bad and offensive inappropriate bad words.

4 Likes

Yeah fair enough, but I should be good cause I don’t plan on using the weirdly socially acceptable racist slurs :flushed:
Thanks!

3 Likes

Lol, Yw!

3 Likes

they have a section on it in the guidelines, but honestly they aren’t that descriptive on what is allowed. I could be wrong, but i’m pretty sure hell is okay without any sensoring, and other conversational swearing like f- and sh- need asterisks. more vulgar terms like, uh, see you next tuesday lol, would probably get you in trouble.

5 Likes

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks :))

2 Likes

Things like hell and damn are fine, but sht, fck, b*tch etc need to be censored no matter what

2 Likes

What about cr*p? I don’t think it’s as bad as those ones ^ is all

Hm I think that’s fine, I believe I’ve seen it uncensored before

1 Like

Yeah, me too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.