Is Episode coding really that hard? Could I easily get the hang of it?

Hello! I’ve been on the edge about starting an episode story for a while now. I really want to do it. I’m incredibly passionate about story telling! Even have ever little detail planned out about my story. The only thing stopping me is the coding part of it, it just looks so jarring and confusing. Could an average Joe like me that is exceptionally bad at coding and logical type of stuff get the hang of it easily?
Please share me your honest thoughts!

9 Likes

Just start it girl… No one is perfect… We all r learning everyday… It looks difficult n kind of frustrating sometimes especially when u get stuck but that’s fine… This happens to everyone
here… There r lot of people here in forums who helps u when you r stuck somewhere…so don’t hesitate n just start coding…:relaxed::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Go for it and watch Joseph Evans videos on youtube, they helped me a lot. And there are a lot of nice people around here so just ask if you need help with something or if you got stuck. Good luck :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Hi😊

For me I had no idea when I started. I just got error for thousand times. I researched in YouTube. I found this channel called Episode Notes. They helped me soo much.

GOOD :blush::kissing_heart: LUCK.

3 Likes

hey, I will just say… start what u like.

and if you just can’t code then I advice u to read Dara Amarie guids and tricks (its very helpful and easy to understand)

and on other hand… you can find a free/paid coder… who will code for you.

3 Likes

You’re right, maybe this was just the push I needed, it’s worth giving it a short! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

No problem :blush::two_hearts: Good luck with ur story

1 Like

Will definitely check them out! And yes the community is always so helpful :’)
Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will definitely check that channel out! xo

1 Like

Thank you so much! Will definitely check out that guide! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you ask me it is a bit hard at first.

Im still struggling sometimes. but im sure that everyone will get the hang of it eventually

2 Likes

Watch the videos of Joseph Evans, Episode notes on youtube and check out @Dara.Amarie 's website its really helpful

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all the helpful advice!! Will definitely check out those guys! Good luck to you as well!! I’m sure you’ll be a pro coder soon!

2 Likes

I am pretty good. just tappable overlays but i go it now!

I can help with your story if you want

2 Likes

So glad to hear! Also thank you so much again! Will definitely let you know if I need some extra help :smile:

2 Likes

At first, when I started coding my story it was a mess. I got many errors and sometimes I couldn’t figure it out. And even felt like throwing my laptop and giving up.

I’ll be annoying and frustrating at first. But you know the saying the more you practice the more you learn!
Eventually, you’ll get there. (Ps good luck with your story!)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouragement, this truly helped me a lot :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Coding is really hard! at first It’s really hard! I watch Joseph Evans tutorials and Episode Notes channel! they give awesome tips! You’ll seriously get the hang of it!

1 Like

Girl Imma be honest. You’re gonna get stuck. You’re gonna get that error and yell “HOW?!” But everybody goes through it. The more you code, the more you remember, and the more you advance. Sure, theres times where you question how this code didn’t do that, but people on the episode forums are so so so so helpful with solving those errors. All you gotta do is push yourself, as someone still learning how to fully code, I wish you the best of luck and I know you can do it! :sunny:

1 Like