Is gem choices really a must?

My question was originally that Is gem choices really a must since every story has one lmao

1 Like

Yes, I have coded for 6 years

1 Like

Yes you can?

Maybe at the end of the story just put a support the author gem choice to help ranking

okay @Sydney_H could you please close this thread since I’m getting answers to wrong questions lmao

1 Like

No it is not a must if you don’t want to add them don’t add them. You can try to promote on Instagram and here on the forums. If you are sure that you want to go down the route you are going then do it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like
#Have your custom speech bubble overlay appear.
@speechbubble is x y to 0%
NARR
Add something here, won't be seen anyway.
tappable
< GEMS:5 >"OVERLAY1 NAME HERE"{
#gem choice is here
}"OVERLAY2 NAME HERE"{
#free choice is here
}

I just saved this into one of my scripts to see if it comes up with any errors and it’s error-free so it might actually work? You’ll need to test it somehow though or perhaps get a friend to test it and see if it actually removes any gems or not.
P.S Let me know if it works, baha! :eyes:

3 Likes

I’ll be making choices custom too :see_no_evil:

I wouldn’t go with custom speechbubbles if I were you, lots of overlays, lots of time, lots of coding and lots of burnout along the way :wink:

3 Likes

But I will since I have planned this story for 2 years :two_hearts: :joy:

I’m ready for pain haha

The coding there actually allows everything to appear as your own…
Your own speech bubble (overlay) would appear instead of the Episode one because of the “0%” which renders the actual Episode bubble invisible. You could also choose to not insert a custom speech bubble overlay there if you don’t want any of your custom overlay narration/dialogue to come up) and the actual choice/option buttons are tappables which are also your own overlays (not the default episode ones).

Sorry if I sound confusing. I have my own custom overlays for example “Have you read this chapter?” in my own text (not a default bubble) and I also have the tappable options of “Yes.” and “No.” which are also custom overlays, I simply just added the gem part to it since that seems to be what you’re referring to? But that format allows just your overlays to appear instead of default bubbles/choice buttons.

2 Likes

Okay thank you, I didn’t understand at first :two_hearts:

1 Like

No problem! It’s just that I’ve never used the gems with tappables, so even though it doesn’t have a script error - I can’t say for sure that it would work and actually subtract gems upon tapping because I’ve never tested that so I recommend you test it or have a friend test it to see if it actually subtracts gems or not. (:

I’m guessing it will work though. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

okay

1 Like

I would recommend making it EXTREMELY clear for readers that those choices (tappables) are for gems and for how many gems.
Cuz after a reader will accidentally tap and spend gems on the hidden bubbles, well… they can become a bit upset. And also some a bit more upset readers can report the story for the bad quality of gem choices. So, keep it clear and tidy!

4 Likes

Also… ARE APPROVALS SLOW BECAUSE OF YOUR SPEECHBUBBLES??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :weary::broken_heart:

1 Like

Ohmygod, the theory :joy:

Closed by OP request. :smiley: