Is he TOO cliche of a "badboy"?

So I’m making this story where the MC went through a tough time with guys (all her ex’s were dirtbags) and so her brother tells the school basically “I’ll beat you to a pulp if you even breathe the same air as my sister” so yeah. Shes gonna end up getting with his best friend, the “bad boy” but I dont want him to be an a hole. Like I want him the whole school to have predjudiced him as this horrible, scary guy ypu dont mess with but in reality hes nothing like that. Like hes low key like a hilarious guy who wouldnt harm a fly? But everyone in the school is too scared to go talk to him because of the type of guy they think he is lmao. Is there anything y’all think I should change? I’m for real when say I DO NOT WANT HIM TO BE A STEREOTYPICAL CERTIFIED A HOLE haha. Anyways pleaseeeeeeee leave suggestions! Thanks!

5 Likes

i don’t think he sounds like it haha he sounds cute

also could you tag me when/if you release it-

3 Likes

I’ll definitely tag you! I’m still learning how to code and stuff but I’m trying to learn as quickly as possible so I can start publishing.

1 Like

I like this type of bad boy I hate the one who treat womens bad but this misjudges are interesting. But you have to have good explanation why everybody thinks so about him when in reality he is great guy…I guess this tipe would be probably more like lonly wolf thant the popular type of bad boy . he is closed maybe even more mature than his schoolmates because his dad died so he has to work after school to help mom atc…such guy will not make many friends and manybe this can lead to the fact people see him as strange bad guy…or he moves to the city is a new guy and somebody spread lyes about him that he did something horrible on the school he was so everybody starts to think he is dangerouse and he simply doesnt give a f…k. what ver but make a reason for him being misjudged…and MC wll probably slowly find the truth about him.

2 Likes

@Farah_DeSantis omg! I love these ideas thank you so Much! I’ll give you credit if I ever get around to publishing it haha

1 Like

I mean yeah, misunderstood bad boy is a cliche but I don’t think cliches are the issue. Dude that seems like a bad guy but is actually just a misunderstood funny sweet guy is something I think we’ve all heard before. It can work, it just depends on the narrative and expanding beyond the cliche to make him a multi dimensional person. I would be more worried about the exes, ass hole exes tend to be cartoon villains, it’s an easy thing to fall into. Just as an aside, when someone tells me all their exes are horrible I tend to wonder what their deal is, like, why are they always picking the wrong partner? Making an MC with their own issues is also really important in these kinds of stories, making sure they are not “the eternal victim that gets ‘saved’ by misunderstood bad boy” cliche.

2 Likes

I think I understand what your saying! Its really helping put some things in perspective for the story. Im really thankful for your view on this, its helping a lot!

1 Like

Me to this honestly sounds like a really good story :100:

1 Like

i totally agree that the story sound really good !

1 Like

@Kenzy_kenz @Lynai thank you!

no problemo !

1 Like

Wow I actually love your version of a bad boy !

1 Like

@Shadow666 thanks!

@Farah_DeSantis @Kenzy_kenz @Shadow666 @Lynai @LiaMina and @lvqbrl the title will be She Will Be Loved so keep a lookout for that! I’ll hopefully have the first episode out in the next 2 months!

4 Likes

I personally wouldnt worry about the cliche. Most episode stories are cliche and people do red it anyway. What really metters is good story telling /writing than even total cliche story works.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.