Is homosexuality prohibited in the Bible?

I think perhaps it was translated as that because at the time in society, it was widely accepted that there were just Men and Women. Nobody really knows what God wanted for us as the Bible is and never will be 100% accurate like all Religious Texts.

If he created people to be Homosexual, Transgender and anything else that varies on Gender and Sexuality, surely he can’t be that opposed to it.

Side note just in case someone says ‘well what about criminals’. Often you can choose to commit a crime due to the ability of free will but you can’t help what Gender or Sexuality you love or identify with yourself.

1 Like

that’s exactly where I stand with my belief because I’m also myself asexual aromantic (meaning I don’t fall in love nor do I feel sexually attracted to anyone). Like, if God didn’t want us to be anything but straight and cisgender he would have made it that way.

1 Like

Yes! Thank you for explaining what you Identify as! I was just about to look it up. As a Christian, I honestly don’t have a problem with people being something other than Cis and Straight. As long as you are happy, who gives a crap?

The only people that go to hell are those who have actually committed an Abomination and I don’t think the Devil has a place for people who are LGBT. Only people who are terrible human beings regardless or age, gender, sexuality or race etc end up in hell.

1 Like

Ok that’s great but you are just quoting something that has been translated into English incorrectly :laughing:

1 Like

Also, The Hebrews didn’t have a word for Homosexuality so you can quite clearly see that has been added afterwards and was not in the original scriptures.

1 Like

Really? I never knew that. Thanks.

Yeah of course, I was just quoting from an article about this subject. Thanks again.

Can you share the link? I’d love to read it. thanks.

https://www.livingout.org/the-bible-and-ssa. No problem. :")

You’re welcome, since it’s not a widely known identity I prefer to directly tell what it is.
And also I’ve been reading some stuff about the lgbt+ community and the Bible and I saw many say where there was in fact homosexual relationship. There was no sane homosexual relationship and what really causes the fact that it was seen as a sin it was because they performed another sin like idolatry but it was never the nature of the relationship that was being targeted as a sin.

1 Like

Exactly! The bible was often referring to other crimes like Adultery, forced marriage and things like that. It’s just Society has interpreted it in a way that benefited them at the time as being a Homosexual was illegal and you would have been killed.

Also certain bible verses like parts of Timothy and Romans are not relevant regarding today’s western society’s. People need to learn to move on with how the world is changing.

1 Like

There’s been a misunderstanding :sweat_smile:
I was replying to the original poster, not you.

@southampton23
The word homosexuality isn’t prohibited, in the bible they have the passage that everyone qoutes.
It was translated from hebrew where they didn’t have a word for homosexuality. the articals suggest that
it was incorrect and was referring to Male on Male incest, or Paedophilia.
So the translation is incorrect and have interpreted it incorrectly because many years in western societies, being gay is still illegal.

@Moonjoke
that’s exactly where I stand with my belief because I’m also myself asexual aromantic (meaning I don’t fall in love nor do I feel sexually attracted to anyone). Like, if God didn’t want us to be anything but straight and cisgender he would have made it that way.

Answer: In the early creation of the earth, humankind was intended to a straight sexual interaction obviously. Homosexuality was not God’s original plan.
What did corrupt this plan, Well, Sin! All of our desires are corrupted because of sin, that’s why the bible says that the Human race is the evilest and selfish race that clearly needs to repent least they will perish.

Also if you think God accepted it after sin entered the world, don’t because:
Malachi 3:6 "For I am the Lord, I change not"

You’ve also gotten the free will wrong, yes God did create us in a way to explore the wonderful creation that he had made but he didn’t give it to us to turn his ideas around and break it.

He gave us free will that we can love him and, to do that we need to be able to choose between good and evil. Other than that, if we do not have free will, The love that we give to God is forced and dead.

Either way, it illustrates something that is the case for all of us: as we reject God we find ourselves craving what we are not naturally designed to do. Even those desiring heterosexual sex find themselves doing so in a way that does not fully accord with the creator’s design for sex.

Look what sin has done to human nature, completely making it evil. Making Genocide levels of deaths.

that is why when: (Leviticus 18:22) says "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

You say: "There is only one reference to sexual behavior between women, and that is in Romans 1:26. The context of this reference has to do with
Gentiles rejecting the true God to pursue false gods; i.e., idolatry. And, the sexual behavior described is orgiastic,
not that of a loving, mutual, caring, committed relationship. What is condemned is the worship of false gods."

Wait there is more:
But what is condemned in these passages is the violence, idolatry and exploitation related to the behavior, not the same-gender nature of the behavior.

Also adding your quote: “The only people that go to hell are those who have actually committed an Abomination and I don’t think the Devil has a place for people who are LGBT.

Satan doesn’t control hell

An abomination to the lord does not mean idolatry as many think it does, Abomination is something that the Lord hates. Sin is what God hates, he does not hate the sinner but the sin. Don’t misunderstand Abomination.

Sin is the transgression of the law, Sin also has ability to corrupt a things nature,
why do you think Lucifer became weaker when he rebelled against god.
Why don’t you think about all of those angels who went with him not being able to take on other angels of god and not able to reach other life planets?

One of the articles just keeps adding, “God has made us explore the wonders of our body in any way we can”,
"How do I view God’s position on “homosexuality?” I believe lesbian, gay and bisexual people to be a part of God’s wondrous creation, created to be just who they are, and completely loved and treasured by God. I believe God does not intend for any one to be alone but to live in companionship. And I believe God expects healthy loving relationships to include sexual love. The Bible doesn’t say this, of course. But neither does it deny it. I believe this to be true not only because of the Bible’s emphasis on the goodness of God’s creation and the supreme value of love, but because of the greater understanding of human nature that we have available to us today. I do not believe that God intends us to live in the small world of ancient biblical culture, but rather in God’s larger evolving world informed by science, reason and experience."

You also said: " As long as people in LGBT+ relationships are happy, who cares what they choose to do as long as it’s not hurting anyone?"

Which they also said: “Sexuality is a wonderful gift from God. It is more than genital behavior. It’s the way we embody and express ourselves in the world. But we cannot love another person intimately without embodying that love, without using our bodies to love. And that does involve genital behavior. Sexual love is for the purpose of giving and receiving pleasure with our most intimate partner. It is a means of deepening and strengthening the intimate union that exists. This can only be healthy and good if our behavior is consistent with who we are and with whom we love, and when we are true to our own sexuality and orientation.

kinda implying that you can do whatever you want with your body. This is what Satan also taught to the human world, Be a Self God

The only thing that you look up, is homosexuality translation which was not created at an early age, but you never understand God’s original plan or what sin actually is.
You also create an argument about free will which also goes according to Satan’s rebellion. Being Self-God

Also, you missed the whole point of the next article, it only says that the translations that are within the bible are somewhat wrong but they never say that what is actually taken from the whole bible is wrong.

Your article adds arguments like:
"Many biblical words are ambiguous and some even obscure. The very first sentence in the Bible is obscure in Hebrew. English translations differ. The King James Bible, for instance, seems to understand that the creation of heaven and earth were the first divine creations: “In the beginning God created the Heaven, and the Earth.”"

Everyone who is wise would understand that big bang happened before heaven and earth’s creation. They said that after earth’s creation certain things were created

Completely throwing the universe away and especially this part: The king James Genesis 1: “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.”

It is clearly said that Earth existed already, but it was in chaos. That is what it literally says, understand that.

Another point I’m going to give is that “Don’t kill”,
"One of the commands is translated “Do not kill,” but the Hebrew allows some killing; it actually states “Do not murder.” While Christians and Jews recognize that the Decalogue is significant"

in the bible, it is pretty much said that you can not kill anyone unjustly. If you go past the point of the ten commandments that say do not kill but look at the actions of Israelites war and stuff.

You would see that clearly, God allowed them to kill, it was clearly said as well that God commanded Saul to kill all the Philistines. At that moment you can clearly see that they meant “Do not murder.” Stop Making these arguments, please.

What you take from these Hebrew translations is wrong
They are not saying that bible translation is wrong and takes the bible into oblivion but rather that it has wrong words used but they still have the same meaning.

The first article again:
it’s important to remember that the Bible was written in a patriarchal culture that assumed men were in control and women were subject to them.

No, where in the bible it is said that man is above the woman.
Genesis 3:16: "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

This simply means that men are the only ones being able to give her the seed to bring forth a child. If the woman doesn’t have any man, she will not be able to bring forth any children. That is why it also says: " Your desire will be for your husband"
This also implies to man.

It is clearly said in the bible that, God made woman and man equal, not one being above another and being one slave. The things that happen in the past was the act of sin.

Adam gets the death penalty part: Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
This also implies to women as well

So determining all of these things that I’ve just said: about homosexuality
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination
This means that Homosexuality is prohibited in the bible.

But isn’t this in the book of Leviticus? Aren’t Christians no longer under Levitical law because of Jesus fulfilling it and dying on the cross? when he said in the book of Matthew “[17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law , or the prophets: I am not come to destroy , but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled”?

Which is also why we are no longer required to make animal sacrifices or stone people to death. Which are thing mentioned in the book of Leviticus, because Jesus fulfilled it for us?

3 Likes

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8

It is grace through faith, the old covenants were broken many times by people, implying that it was too hard for them to keep. God made a new covenant with the people of God, which is grace through faith.

Don’t get me wrong, breaking God’s ten commands is still a sin. Everything in the past is still a sin. But this has made it a little easier for us.

For we, if we believe in Son of God aka Jesus Christ, that he died for us that we can enter heaven and we repent in his name, We shall be saved.
It isn’t through works but through grace by faith.

New King James version, James 2:17:
“Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.”

This just means that grace through faith, is achieved if you believe in the son of god and commit yourself to him and you change the behavior that means put the death the deed of flesh, (deed of the flesh means sinful nature), and let the holy spirit change you that you start acting in kindness and mercy and learning how to forgive, and to control your anger. “Ye shall be saved.” Romans 10:9-11

Yes but i’m still saying, aren’t we no longer to follow Leviticus specifically?

1 Like

Everything is said right here in my post…
Why,

For I am the Lord, I change not

No, I said nothing about the ten commandments, those are in Exodus

1 Like

:neutral_face:
No… We have to follow it

Closed for the following rule violation: