Is ink just not a thing now?

so ink who right, its all LL now but like am I the only one who is really pissed at the fact that episode isn’t editing ink anymore?

9 Likes

Honestly, INK is still a thing and will always be. If you haven’t checked out the IG community, you should! So many people on there edit INK, make video edits of INK, and the most well-loved authors write in INK! It is still a thing and it will never die.

13 Likes

I get that I mean how like ink is still a thing and a big part of the community still likes it but there are more ll stories

3 Likes

I see where you’re coming from. It depends though :relieved: there are still many authors writing in ink, just that the trending section now has more LL stories. Many INK authors that I know of are not able to update frequently hence the lack of exposure?

4 Likes

yea get what you mean. isnt episode kinda slacky tho like if most people prefer ink why stop uploading, I get the softwares old but change it then. there’s nothing u can’t do if u try.

2 Likes

“Are you ignoring our requests?”
We love Ink too and we hear all your love and concern about its future. The decision to stop developing Ink is one instance where the voice of some of the community is not in line with the long term goals Episode has as a platform. To continue to develop Ink would prevent us from adding to Limelight and improving our platform in the future.

“How is Ink outdated?”
As a mobile platform we have to innovate and update our technology to stay current and competitive. Ink was built on a more technologically advanced system than Classic and Limelight is more advanced than Ink. Each of these art styles is accompanied by an underlying (if behind-the-scenes) technology upgrade allowing our storytellers to do more. These updates also make it easier and faster for us to create more assets. With each new style our artists learn more and are able to improve our production pipelines. Several of the most requested features from our community, like different body types or freckles are simply not easily achievable on our older styles - to move forward we need the freedom to expand and change so we can grow.

4 Likes

yea I get it but, an’t that giving up too easy. as an ink supporter, I don’t hate LL but it would be so much better if there were ink improvements

1 Like

You’re not the only who’s made about Ink not getting anymore updates. I love ink, and it’s kind of hard transitioning and getting used to another style. I am currently writing a story in LL, and it’s for me to get adjusted to it.

This is very true. I haven’t really an editor edit characters in the LL version; it’s all ink characters. Ink is stilled loved by many of people within the Episode community.

1 Like

Topic closed for being asked answered many times already in other threads. Please perform a search on the forums for any questions you might have prior to creating a thread about it. As this clutters up the forums and makes thing difficult to find.

As @LaurelleE27 kindly quoted directly from Liz at Episode,

Also, moved thread to the Episode Fan Community since we are discussing Episode. For more info on where to correctly create threads on the forums please review our forum tutorial. Thanks!