Is ink still popular?

Ink is my absolute favorite style to write in, but is it even popular anymore? I feel like limelight just has so many more options, but I just always loved the look of ink and I still want to publish stories in ink

7 Likes

yeah! it’s definitely still popular :heartpulse: write in whatever you’d like to!

7 Likes

I prefer ink all the way, I have some limelight stories I want to read, but I really don’t like the way it looks.

5 Likes

I would say 50 50 about ink and limelight. people love both styles

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that newer authors get more reads and trend quicker with limelight stories without getting outside help like getting featured. There is definitely a demand for limelight and the amount of stories available in limelight are not that big so yeah I think there’s more potential with limelight.
However ink stans are loyal so just write in the style you want!

4 Likes

It’s popular among the fans here prior to 2018

2 Likes

Personally, I love ink! I feel like ink isn’t like classic which is just kind of outdated graphics so it shouldn’t be pushed off completely to make way for limelight.

PurpleRadiance :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Ink is awesome and the directing in some stories for ink is getting way better with these custom poses and animations and so on. While LL may not have the clothes, animations, etc you need to know which style has this so that you can choose the style that fits for you. I’m still adjusting to LL as I’m an INK lover however if the directing and grammar ain’t bad, or cliche I’d still read it. Do what’s best for you

3 Likes

Write in whichever style suits you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

… but tbh every time I see a poll of Ink vs Limelight, it splits about 50/50 on the forums, and about 75/25 in favour of Limelight on the social feed. :thinking: Instagram, I have no clue, I don’t use it lol.

So you shouldn’t have too much trouble getting your Ink story noticed, especially if you mostly advertise on the forums rather than the feed. :+1:

2 Likes

Ok thanks guys! I officially started an ink story and will hopefully make LL too so I’m very excited! Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

cuteyeahgif

Yep, it’s still popular ^^ Sure a lot of people love limelight but a lot of people love ink, too : )

4 Likes

Personally, I love ink so much more than limelight. I like limelight, but the animations kind of creep me out when the characters are dancing :joy::joy:. I just wish Episode would update the ink style but I don’t think that’ll happen :sob:

5 Likes

I like Limelight more, but both styles are awesome, especially for comedy, ink is the best; ink isn’t being updated anymore though since Episode needs to focus on its latest style :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Of course Ink is still popular!!:grin::grin:
but just LL they update more because it’s the latest style!!

5 Likes

Exacltyyy

Taken from Episode’s Twitter :joy: So yeah, ink will always be popular because there will always be authors who write in it ^^

12 Likes

Hell yeah! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Ink’s ma baby so it’ll always be popular to me. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Ink is really popular, but less exciting for most. Limelight provides much more diversity and more 3D-looking features, which makes the story much easier to be immersed in.
Both are cute!
I honestly wish some Ink animations were in Limelight as well…
xo!

1 Like

I love INK, i think I will always write in it, I published my story In Ink and the sequel of my first one is written in INK, I dont think Ill ever go to the Limelight side.

3 Likes