Is internalised misogyny real?

Internalised misogyny is a type of sexism. Just like a labrador is a type of dog.

4 Likes

I’d do the same.

1 Like

Calling a labrador a labrador doesn’t stop it from being a dog. It can be both.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I didn’t get to give my opinion on the OP, internalised misogyny isn’t something I know an awful lot about and it’s not something I can comment a lot on due to my gender :smiley:

… Yeah nevermind I have nothing constructive to add >.<

2 Likes

Due to the fact that this topic has been derailed by several violators of the Forum General Rules, it will remain closed for several hours. I strongly encourage everyone to review the Rules to ensure that they are not violated in the future

Rules that were violated:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 3 hours.

Someone told me once I had internalized misogyny. It was only because I generally can’t stand feminists, though. However, that isn’t such a problem since most people aren’t feminists. LOL

So I don’t even dislike most of the gender by default. Pretty sure “internalized misogyny” is just another one of those phrases made up by the left to attack and discredit women who know that women are already equal and blame no one else for their shortcomings but themselves. :thinking: That’s just my take on it, though.

4 Likes

I respect your opinion but feminism isn’t bad so why wouldn’t you stand feminism? I agree that some women are too much, but most feminists are just fighting for equal rights. Also, no. Internalised Misogyny is definitely a thing, some people answering to this topic are clear example. I will not be answering anymore, though.

3 Likes

Yes internalized misogyny is real. Just look at conservative/republican women.

3 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with being conservative/republican as I’m conservative libertarian myself.

1 Like

I’d be okay with classic feminism but modern feminism is a no from me.

2 Likes

You should consider it better, because modern feminism is trying to reform issues such as domestic violence, equal pay, sexual harassment, sexual violence, abortion, etc.

2 Likes

We can support and/or respect feminist actions and feminism but we don’t have to stand by it. It’s our choice whether or not to be on it or not.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it wasn’t

But feminism now is all one sided. It’s all about hating men.
But I do agree with abortion, birth control. It’s just that feminism now treats women like kids.

2 Likes

I agree that some women can be extremists, and that’s not supposed to be feminism at all. That’s really sad because radical feminists are making feminists that are actually fighting for a good cause look bad :confused:

1 Like

When I said classic feminism, I meant fighting for actual causes such as the oppression in countries like Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan, Yemen, Oman, Malaysia, Indonesia, Somalia, Algeria.

3 Likes

Great! then I agree too!!

1 Like

Awesome