Is it hard to code a story with two gender options as the LI?

Hi!

Quick question, if i wanted to code a story with the option of the reader getting to choose there preferred gender for an LI, would I have to make a male and a female character? And how would I code it? Sorry coding is really new to me and i’m just sorta confused. And how would I remember which one the reader chooses?

totally lost here, please help!!

You could remember it using gains.You’d have to make two seperate characters and code 2 different branches/the same code twice but changing the gender in either. That’s how I do it.

1 Like

It’s not very hard as long as you code the sexuality choice properly! I wrote a big post that might help you here:

And feel free to ask me any additional questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

omg i do not know how to do this yet-

:sob: :sob:

i feel so embarrassed -

1 Like

thank you so much!! definitely gonna check it out rn!

1 Like

Don’t be embarrased, it took me 3 years to properly learn coding and I’m still finding out new things.

1 Like

thank you!! guess i’ll have to do a little research on the basic coding this, when it comes to making branches and actual choices!

1 Like

Have you watched Joseph Evan’s tutorials? I found them super helpful.

1 Like

ouuu only some, but i never got to the point when he actually started coding and making choices. gonna check him out rn! thanks so much!!

1 Like

dara has template for this:

2 Likes

thank you!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.