Is it just me that does this ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

is it just me that spends like 3 days trying to perfect this one episode then you watch the final product and youโ€™re like :point_right:t2:delete

10 Likes

Lol, accurate. All the time.

2 Likes

I feel that way too :joy:
I spent 5 hours on a 10 second flashback and deleted it

4 Likes

Not at all. Though Iโ€™ve gotten better at accepting flawed content. Weโ€™re our own worst critics after all.

5 Likes

I literally wrote seven episodes(in like 3 months) and decided I didnโ€™t like them, so I started the whole thing over :upside_down_face: :joy: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

relatable :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::joy:

1 Like

Wait โ€˜cause sameโ€ฆ :sob: I just get a weird feeling in a moment and I realize everything Iโ€™ve written so far is not as I wanted it to be so I start overโ€ฆ I have to stop doing it

1 Like

I do the same, except for just scenes. I write it thinking itโ€™s so good, then Iโ€™m like โ€œew, cringe. bye.โ€

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is Episode-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if youโ€™ve got questions. :smiley:

Never. I never delete what I worked hard to achieve. I maybe let it rest, come back a few days later and see if I think itโ€™s good. If not, Iโ€™m modifying. I wish more people this this. Would certainly spare the app a lot of cringe.
I donโ€™t recommend deleting everything, thatโ€™s demotivating. You can modify what you already have.
I would also recommend not spending hours on the dialogue. Something you coded might seem cringe just because of the dialogue. So if you come back later, itโ€™s enough to just change that only, not the whole action.
And while youโ€™re coding, donโ€™t spend a lot of time on what should @CHARACTER1 say, and then what should @CHARACTER2 respond. Youโ€™ll save a lot of time if you focus on the action first and then fill in the blank space you left for the dialogue.

2 Likes

I have a story coming out this coming Thursdayโ€ฆ and Iโ€™ve restarted twice. Iโ€™ve had this in the works for months now, but my perfectionism is like: โ€œNah, letโ€™s just do it all over again until we have one day left to release it!โ€ :roll_eyes: :woman_facepalming:t3: :rofl:

1 Like

I think it depends for everyone though. I actually work better if I delete the scenes; it makes it easier for me to work on my story. Iโ€™m more relaxed. :thinking:

2 Likes

GIRL, YOU JUST ACCURATELY DESCRIBED MY WAY OF WRITING- :sob: :sob: :joy:

Iโ€™ve never felt so understood :sneezing_face:

3 Likes

Very relatable!
I just rewrote the first episode of my story for the third time because even though there wasnโ€™t anything wrong with the first two versions, the premise of the story itself just wasnโ€™t convincing.
Now, I like the premise, but the first scene is just so โ€ฆ meh.

2 Likes

3 days?, more like a mounth.

1 Like

Very often :joy:
I finished the first chapter of my upcoming story and it wasnโ€™t exactly what I had in mind. I asked for some feedback on the forum and it gave me inspiration for (huge?) changes. So, I have to write it all over again :upside_down_face:

1 Like

same, iโ€™m like, whatโ€ฆ i didnโ€™t think it was that bad ๐Ÿฅฒ

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.